25 Mar 2011
By: SickMick_UK Member 1,151 Posts
Level 3

Crysis 2 - What Version should I get

4 Replies 497 Views Created 25-03-2011

ouit of PS3 & 360 (PC not good enough)

I cant decide I keep changing my mind from 360 to PS3 here why

first off I dont have XBL Gold

now on to the game I hear 360 version has better graphics but PS3 version has better overall framerate and no screeb tearing.

I have also read that crytek said that PS3 version performance is better.

help me decide

what would you go for better (honstly) better graphics or framrate

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (497 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Crysis 2 - What Version should I get

I found the PS3 version to have a washed out look and the 360 more detailed but that was in the MP demo. I bought it on PC and played it early hours of this morn and it runs and looks bloody bootiful!

Go with the console that you have the most friends on who will play the MP with you maybe?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (481 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Framerate is more important than graphics imo, so based on what you said I'd go with PS3 - especially because you don't have XBLG.

Eitherway it's a great game except for P2P multiplayer rather than servers. I've managed to make mine look very pretty, originally looked washed out, but I've messed about with a few display options on my tv, and now it looks fine :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The difference is so small it doesn't really matter.

Xbox 360 has a slightly higher resolution and a slightly higher average framerate but they both suffer from slowdown, but when you see the graphics and the vast environments you can happily deal with it.

The ps3 suffers from no screen tearing the xbox suffers from a little the game as close as it can be on both consoles.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (462 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

I would say go for the PS3 version. It has better framerate, lighting and textures - Confirmed by Eurogamer.

http://bit.ly/fgxSGu - Xbox 360

http://bit.ly/ewCsMA - PlayStation 3

On X360 shot, notice that the shadow is more blocky and poorer texture on the metal wall on the left. So PS3 wins in that shot.

On the first page of the article, go down until you see the first video. Stop there, and don't play the video yet. Now compare them two. You'll notice that PS3 version has better lighting. It shines on the guy's face on the PS3. It's missing from the 360 version.

Now for the framerate. Both versions are almost identical. In some areas, X360 performs better, and in some areas PS3 performs better. What I have noticed when I watch the framerate comparison videos in Eurogamer is that the X360 drops framerate like crazy under heavy gunfight while PS3 runs faster. X360 dipped to 14fps in some areas, but PS3 only went to 16fps at the lowest. So PS3 wins in the framerate battle here.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (415 Views)
0 Kudos