01 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Skyrim Worth Getting?

6 Replies 323 Views Created 01-06-2012

Ive been thinking about getting Skyrim + the official strategy guide from GAME for £34.99 but i'd like to know if its worth that much, i couldnt really get into Oblivion but i really need a good RPG otherwise i might get Mass Effect 3 instead

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Worth Getting?

[ Edited ]

Oh I came in here thinking OK this is a easier answer till you mentioned mass effect 3 !! , Yes skyrim is amazing. I will list a few things I love about skyrim

- The world is vast and beautiful and feels alive , the best game world ever created

- The story is very well done and keeps you coming back for more

- Endless amounts of content there is so much to do and see its truly fascinating

- Flying dragons!!!!

skyrim is really a amazing game and I defiantly recommend you picking it up

but then you mention mass effect 3 which I also have and bloody love!!!

It all depends on what you want I would say get both , if you love mass effect and have played mass effect 2 and or mass effect 1 then its defiantly also worth picking up ME3

PS. i wouldnt bother with strategy guide you wouldnt need it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

GAME are selling skyrim for £34.99 anyway, the strategy guide comes free with the game so might aswell take it aswell lol

I never played ME1 because i didnt have an xbox, i was obsessed with ME2 at one point but ive been told 3 is a let down with a shoddy ending and considering this is the last game in the triolgy thats the last thing i wanted to hear

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

hm i thought mass effect 3 was awesome.. and the ending isnt what people expected but the whole game is a ending to a series.. so the end of the game is just more of a concept which you can make your own story too or interperate it how you like this is how i saw it and abosultely loved mass effect 3 but i would prob buy skyrim for now you will love it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Skyrim may take the title "best roleplaying game ever". And that's in a literal sense. For roleplaying, in the nerdiest meaning of the term, there is nothing better.

Millions of people have enjoyed the game without treating it as a roleplaying game, but I can definitively say that if you do roleplay in it, the game will live up to its full potential. Other RPGs may have the mechanics, and give you some opportunities to put yourself in your character's shoes, but Skyrim attempts to remove the barriers that cause detachment from the game world. It's a little like a high fantasy sim.

If you're worried that you won't like it because you couldn't get into Oblivion, well, there's a chance that this is true. However, you wouldn't be the first person I know to dislike Oblivion and get extremely involved with Skyrim; several people I know both personally and people I know on the internet have had exactly that happen to them.

There are people who just don't like Bethesda-style games. While I've seen multiple non-roleplayers play the games and still have "fun", almost all of the people who don't get into them at all, were not playing these games with a roleplaying approach. And the people who enjoy them the most, do RP in them. One complaint I've heard is that these open worlds don't direct the player enough, which I always thought was a fantastic thing. I do see, however, how this sense of confusion could result if one were not letting the personality they've made for their character drive their decisions.

You should at least give it a good try, because it could represent a paradigm shift in your hobby as a gamer. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

If you like buggy games that are prone to crashing then go for it. I would have loved to play it, but I can't because I crash every time I go in water, and there's alot of water around. That, and the other crashes, and the annoying bugs kinda ruined it for me. You might be one of the lucky few that has no problems though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well, I got Skyrim in Tesco for £25 2 days ago. I'm not sure about the Strategy Guide. But, maybe you could get Skyrim from Tesco's and the Strategy Guide from GAME Seperately?
Formerly realsince1999.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (214 Views)
0 Kudos