on 25-03-2010 07:26 AM
on 25-03-2010 09:02 AM
on 25-03-2010 10:05 AM
on 25-03-2010 01:39 PM
So, yesterday I had the problem with IP fragments. Today I intended to follow your suggestion on the MTU settings.. but.... now I am having problems with the internet connection. Can browse the internet which works fine, can obtain an IP address but can not get an internet connection. And get the 80710092 error.
THere are many threads about this error, and followed all suggestions I could find. Disable Media Server, reconfigure internet (automatic), reboot modem, router and PS3, change the date and time in the system, change the cable and tried another port. Nothing works.
I am using wired connection, which used to work perfectly. I did not change my internet setup at home, so I don't know what is wrong. One day it works, the other day it doesn't work. And when it works, i have the IP fragment issue...
Any other suggestions?
on 25-03-2010 02:10 PM
on 25-03-2010 02:24 PM
on 25-03-2010 02:56 PM
26-03-2010 01:41 AM - edited 26-03-2010 01:59 AM
I have internet connection meaning: I can browse the internet, this morning i downloaded stuff for NOW TV crap and watch the previews online.. so this is working fine.
However, wHen running an internet connection test it succesfully obtains an IP address, failes to get an internet connection. 2 days ago this was also a problem, but solved it by rebooting everything, but when online i had the IP fragment issue (was able to play online). When leaving the game and running the connection test again it failed to get an internet connection, BUT could still browse the internet on PS3. Another time whilst runnign the connection test, IP address and internet connection was succesful, but PSN failed. So it is clearly a problem with this part.
So, I tried:
Disable Media Server
Reboot modem, router, ps3
Change date ( did this using the "according to internet" setting and worked )
Changed ethernet cable and tried another port of my router
All the solutions that you can find about this i tried, but nothing works. I have modem -> my Belkin F5D8233-4v3 router -> wired PS3.
I noticed some new firmware for my router is available so will download this, but I doubt that solves the solution as I do have internet on my PS3. And can also try buying a different router, but unsure this solves the issue too.
So if you or anyone else have any other suggestions?
-- EDIT --
Maybe this will make things more easy to understand :
1) any error messages you are getting - "Connection to playstation network has timed out - 80710092"
2) when the problem happens - Trying to sign in and/or running the internet connection test
3) if you can actually sign in to PSN at all - NO
4) run the network connection test, and tell us where it fails - Internet Connecion Failed
5) who your ISP is - Think ChinaNet or China Telecom
6) what make and model your router is - Belkin F5D8233-4v3
7) how you connect your PS3 to the router - wired, also tried wireless but same issue
8) if this is something which has never worked, or used to work - Used to work perfectly
9) what DNS servers you use (or tell us if you don't know what that means ) - One provided by my ISP
10) if you have changed your MTU - YES
11) if your PS3 is in the router DMZ - No, tried to find out how to do this but no idea..
on 26-03-2010 05:41 AM
on 26-03-2010 08:37 AM
Here, you can post questions regarding any technical problem you may be
Before using this section, be sure to check out our Technical Solutions board and follow the instructions there to see if your problem has already been solved.
To use this board, simply post your question and wait for it to be answered. Your question may be given an ‘Accepted Solution’ – this is an answer which has been accepted as the best solution to your problem.
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]