31 Mar 2012
By REDJED

Playstation Staff

Playstation store, Playstation 3 and Sony Xperia S

3 Replies 2,847 Views Created 31-03-2012

I have recently bought a sony xperia s which is 'playstation certified' this allows me to play ps1 titles on my phone (great idea) however I am also a playstation plus member and have many ps1 titles on my ps3 which should be free to use on my phone.....i am using the same SEN/PSN account details for the playstation store on my phone, so why do i have to pay twice for the same game when the phone is using the same playstation store and uses the same account details and both play ps1 titles??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (2,847 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Playstation store, Playstation 3 and Sony Xperia S

Your Phone is android and uses the android Operating System. It doesn't have access to the PlayStation Network nor any of the Store functionality. It can access Sony's marketplace on the Android market and download PSOne games.

Unfortunately, although they are PlayStation Certified, this simply means they can play PlayStation games from the marketplace and isn't tied to your SEN account. Sorry :smileysad: It's because they're two completely different products that coincidentally play the same brand games. This may change in the future but nothing has yet been announced. The android platform is still relatively new and building a whole PlayStation Network bolt onto the side would probably cripple most smartphones at the moment.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (2,836 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for your reply, however the playstation store is an app for the phone which uses my SEN/PSN sign in id and password so they are clearly already linked.

what im bemused about is the fact that although it recognises my credentials it does not recognise i already own these games, be it they are ps1 games on my playstation or my phone. it seems rediculous that they havent thaught people who use the service wouldnt become frustrated at the point of paying for the content twice, its pretty dumb :Stupid:

I have contacted sony ericcson (sony phones) directly who informed me to contact playstation customer services as it relates to the playstation store software/app of which they control.... they have sent me in circles (even telling me that i should speak with sony erricson as it is a fault with the phone, lmao) and couldnt even come up with a comprehendable answer like you have managed to do for me, so i thank you again for your response :-)

i wonder, do xperia play users have this issue also, and if so why has nobody done anything about it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (2,822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

it was well known that content would have to be bought twice , even when the experia play launched

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (2,808 Views)
0 Kudos