21 Feb 2010
By MRMAC02
Playstation Staff

Playstation Won't Stay Turned On

5 Replies 4,557 Views Created 21-02-2010

Wondered if anyone casn help me out here. I was just playing a game on the system when it froze and I got 3 beeps and the system turned off leaving the red light flashing on the front. I pressed the on off button and the red light stopped flashing. I tried to turnit back on again, which it did with the green light coming on, but it then flashed the blue light on and gave me 3 more beeps before getting the flashing red light again. I've tried ejecting the disc to turn the system on but again a split second after the green light comes on it beeps 3 times and turns off.

I've turned it off fully at the back and left it for 15 minutes but when turning it on again, you guessed it, 3 beeps and a flashing red light.

Does anyone know what wrong with my PS3 please ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (4,557 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Playstation Won't Stay Turned On

Does a yellow light appear between the blue and green lights and the flashing red light?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (4,550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sometimes for about a nano second. Me thinks it's broke. I'm going to take my hard drive out that I put in a few months a go and try the original 40 GB and turn it on. If it works the hard drive going back. If it doesn't at least I know it's the machine itself and a call to Sony beckons. I'm devastated.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (4,547 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

alright mate, i just got the same thing happerning to mine while i was on the internet, you figure out what was wrong with it in the end ? reply soon

cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (4,109 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

parkins - if you are getting the yellow light, or if the PS3 won't turn on and instead rapidly flashes the red light, then these are the symptoms of the 'YLOD' failure.

For ideas on what to do next, click my 'YLOD' link, found in my sig line below :smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (4,092 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i got the same problem my playstation 3 wont stay on for some reason i was playing a game online my consol shut down i try to turn it on put blue light came on for a split second then it went to the red light

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (2,633 Views)
0 Kudos