28 Dec 2011
Playstation Staff

PS3 Slim; No picture, won't turn off

3 Replies 1,642 Views Created 28-12-2010

Hi

Turned the PS3 on and there was no picture, checked the obvious leads no problem there.

Went to eject the disc and it wouldn't eject.  So tried to turn the ps3 off by holding the power button and it won't turn off.  Held both the power & eject buttons together and it ejected the disc but won't turn off.

Any ideas before I just unplug it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (1,642 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Problem where: PS3 Slim; No picture, won't turn off

Hi I have a 80gb Fat ps3 and ive had the same prop but my eject button works...,...I get the same problem which is no picture and it wont turn off. I don't have a fix at the moment but I wanted to ask you or anybody else has.......I Had the Yellow Light before this problem which I sent to Sony while I had my warranty to get fixed.

If anybody has a fix can they e-mail me on my g-mail account which is: ali.maheenali793@gmail.com

as my warranty is finished.

if i find a fix i will post it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (1,427 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Slim; No picture, won't turn off

I wouldnt normally advise this as it can be damaging to the hard drive, as the slim has no seperate cut off switch, but sounds like you'll need to unplug and reboot.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (1,419 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Slim; No picture, won't turn off

i have the same problem, but when i put in movies the same happens. I unplugged myn alot of times because it wont turn of from the off button. But i got one game working wich is GTA4 buut it froze after a half an hour or so, and the eject butoon works for me. Any ideas on how to fix it , you can fix the fat one by taking out the hard drive.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos