By davey23
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Just been prompted to change my password

[ Edited ]
9 Replies 734 Views edited 15-03-2012

Hi,

just been prompted to change my password when I started my PS3. I did not request a password change, has this happened to anybody else? I changed it and logged in ok but I'm a little suspicious. I got an e-mail telling me my password had changed after changing it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (734 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Just been prompted to change my password

When was the last time you logged in on your Playstation. This was due to the hack. Everyone was prompted to do this
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (722 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I used it yesterday - nothing to do with the hack
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (719 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

This has happened to me about 3 times, once within two hours of it working . Intersted in what the reason is,last time was about 3 weeks ago.

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 4 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore. NOT BUYING THE VITA.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (700 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Hi davy23,

I have had 1 other user mention this to me on Twitter.  I am making some enquiries as to why this has happened and will get back to you once I know more.

Cheers,

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (700 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Thanks SFZ. The weird thing is that PS+ update ran this morning between 6 and 8 with no problem (obviously using my original password). There are no transactions on my account that I don't recognise.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (683 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Ok guys I have received some feedback from the Accounts team. 

They have advised that SEN accounts are monitored for any irregular behaviours.  A password reset will be prompted on some occasions as a simple precaution if any potentially irregular activity is identified. 

Unfortunately I cannot go into further detail as this would defeat the point of the security procedures but I can conform that the occasional password reset prompt is normal.

Thanks,

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (682 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Cheers SFZ. i work in IT and I had thought about that, but I can't work out what triggered it. As long as there isn't a problem,I won't worry about it anymore! Thanks for the quick response.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (679 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Well what ever it is you have to do to trigger it I must be flipping good at it. I have never given anyone else any details of my account so it is definitely me doing it. Thanks for the answer.

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 4 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore. NOT BUYING THE VITA.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I had this happen to me when my network was being weird, the problem was that the message to change password came up but no options after it. This in turn crashed the PS3 and had to switch of the power at the socket as system was completely unresponsive. Switched it back on and got a HDD corrupted message and did the restore, then another system was not turned off correctly message and restored. Working fine now fortunately.

Is this a known crash?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (542 Views)
0 Kudos