05 Dec 2010
Playstation Staff

Gran Turismo will not connect to server. All other games do

6 Replies 5,067 Views Created 05-12-2010

Everytime I load up Gran Turismo 5 I get "a connection to server could not be established" message. All other games I have will connect to online gaming as will all the other internet-reliant services on the PS3.

So far I have re-installed the game twice, including the 1.02 patch but still without success.

Anyone else encountered this problem and how was it solved?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (5,067 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Gran Turismo will not connect to server. All other games do

I think there still stuggling with the strain the servers, I'd suggest waiting a few weeks and hopefully a new patch or more servers are avaliable :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (5,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

That's what I thought as well but when friends are able to connect at will without ever getting the same problem it makes me think it could be a local one on my network.
One thing I have noticed is that no matter what I do, uPNP will not enable and NAT is always Type 2 (which it seems it's meant to be so that's ok. In any case, I lose all connectivity on all IP addresses if I disable it) . I've also tried putting the PS3 into the DMZ, statically configuring the IP address and forwarding all the listed ports.
Still no joy :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (5,024 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Oops. Turns out uPNP is enabled. It's just listing as not available until a connection request is made. For whatever reason the connection requests aren't showing up in the router access log. Running fw version 3.50
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (4,998 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Are any of the Sony techs reading these threads? Even after 1.03 and F/W 3.55, I still can't get GT5 to connect where all my other games do.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (4,941 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

solution found at http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144900

I manually configured dns to use my isp's dns as primary and router as secondary, and it worked!

enjoy.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (4,730 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ended up doing the same thing after running the PS3 through a packet sniffer on my PC. GT5 couldn't resolve the DNS (unlike every other friggen game I've got).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (4,375 Views)
0 Kudos