Support PSN

05 Mar 2010
By: Shakejunt777

3 Posts
Accepted Solution

Error 80029564

43 Replies 11094 Views Created 05-03-2010

Need help!

Iv had no problems with downloading or installing downloadable content ever before, until recently iv downloaded the latest content for asassins creed 2 which works fine until the install operation, where at 14% it stops with this error 80029564.

Iv googled this problem over and over, found people with the same situation and tried all the different tricks to get it to work.

*at first i tried deleting it, then re dowloading.

* I found out putting in a US proxy server works has been working for people but the same error came up at 14%

i have wired connection, ethernet cable straight to the modem. Tell me what is the problem and what internet connection settings to use in Australia coz im getting over wasting my time

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 44 (11,094 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Error 80029564

Can I re-download something what I paid for it ( RE 5 gp ) Please help and thank You

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 44 (11,073 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Shakejunt777 wrote:

Need help!

Iv had no problems with downloading or installing downloadable content ever before, until recently iv downloaded the latest content for asassins creed 2 which works fine until the install operation, where at 14% it stops with this error 80029564.

Iv googled this problem over and over, found people with the same situation and tried all the different tricks to get it to work.

*at first i tried deleting it, then re dowloading.

* I found out putting in a US proxy server works has been working for people but the same error came up at 14%

i have wired connection, ethernet cable straight to the modem. Tell me what is the problem and what internet connection settings to use in Australia coz im getting over wasting my time

One thing you could try would be to restore default settings on the PlayStation, this among other things resets the PlayStation cache which could be causing the issue.

Would it be possible to get which ISP you are with as well.

Pretoria

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 44 (11,055 Views)
0 Kudos

LEGEND! thanks for that, just had to restore default settings, and it finally completed installing.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 44 (11,039 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

No worries mate, glad I could help

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 44 (11,063 Views)
0 Kudos

what would you recommend to do, coz that error has appeared again and stopped installing at 14% when downloading mainly assassins creed 2 DLC, when i downloaded a game an hour before,  it worked! Resetting default settings works!, but not always for ubisoft games.weird

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 44 (10,939 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Shakejunt777 wrote:

what would you recommend to do, coz that error has appeared again and stopped installing at 14% when downloading mainly assassins creed 2 DLC, when i downloaded a game an hour before,  it worked! Resetting default settings works!, but not always for ubisoft games.weird

It is a little weird that this is happening again, there are a few things that it could be but it is hard to directly troubleshoot this. One thing that you could try would be to take your console to a different internet connection, for example, if you are with iinet for example, maybe try an optusnet connection, just to see if this helps?  Also if you usually download in the background, try let it download just normally. Another thing would be, if you are on a wireless connection, maybe try a wired connection. If all these don't help, it might be a good idea to call us & we can look further into this.

Pretoria 

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 44 (10,933 Views)
0 Kudos

hy

is it possible to reset the system without losing all my saved data? i have finished about 3 and a half games and they took me a lot and i realy dont want to do them again. Could you please help me?

thank youu

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 44 (10,876 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

Hi There,

I've got the same issue with installing F.E.A.R 2 Reborn. I will try to restore default settings, but I'm worried about losing all of my current saves/downloads etc...? 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 44 (10,865 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Ok then, I have restored the default settings on my PS3, and the game, F.E.A.R 2 Reborn will still not install, giving me the same error code(80029564). I purchased this game from the Playstation Store. My internet connection is wireless, running at 100%, so no issues with connectivity. All other applications and demos that I have downloaded from the Playstation Store etc, have had no issues with installing. Even the demos for FEAR reborn install with no issues. If the moderator could look into this for me, I would be very grateful!!

Cheers, Duncan.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 44 (10,862 Views)
0 Kudos