24 Mar 2010

Playstation Staff

Wifi / Bluetooth Problems. PS3 120gb.

4 Replies 3,080 Views Created 24-03-2010

Hi,
I bought a PS3 120gb slim 3 months ago(Brand New) and it has been working flawlessly but in the last week the wifi and bluetooth things have stopped working,
(the router is working fine as i can connect to it with other devices wirelessly.)

But the ps3 when i select easy configuration(in Network settings) just says "Checking Network Configuration... Please Wait." and does not change.
When i go to custom it just says access point not found. I have tried restarting the router and ps3 several times with no change.
Also the controllers do not respond at all unless they are connected via usb. and also the ps3 wont pick up my wireless bluetooth headset.

I have tried restarting the ps3(unplug from the wall/holding down power button till it beeps twice), resetting the router, reseting the modem, reseting the controller with the little button on the back, reformating the quick way and reformating the full way (like 7 hours...>.>) and still no change, the accessory manager doesnt pick up the bluetooth headset(when its in sync mode) or anything at all.

What else can I try?
Thanks =)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (3,080 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: Wifi / Bluetooth Problems. PS3 120gb.

Does the wireless work with any other device (eg a PC)? I find it hard to believe that bluetooth and wireless would both fail at the same time. Unless someone put a microwave trnasmitter on your roof?

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (3,062 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yep, The wireless works with 2 laptops and a couple of ipods

and the Bluetooth Microphone syncs with my phone right next to the ps3.So i doubt there is any interference from anything around the house.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (3,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

RandAPle4 wrote:

I find it hard to believe that bluetooth and wireless would both fail at the same time.

Looks like I was wrong

http://www.edepot.com/playstation3.html#PlayStation_3_Hardware wrote:

PS3 Wireless Modules

The PS3 contains two wireless technologies, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g and Bluetooth 2.0. It is not possible for both to be used at the same time, so the PS3 alternates between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communication at a very fast frequency using time division multiplexing. Both wireless capabilities are powered by the Marvell 88W8580 chip. In models CECHL and later, this wireless module became part of the motherboard, and is no longer on a separate daughterboard.

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (3,025 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

My 2nd PS3 80GB's networking died (ethernet + wireless), so i sent it in for a re-furb under warranty, bought a slim and sold the other on ebay when i got it back.
So it is possible that it can happen.....

1TB SSHD PS4 – Samsung 40” 3D LED – Yamaha 5x 100watt Receiver
Looking for a clan to join ?? check out Beyond The Grave [BTG]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (3,022 Views)
0 Kudos