03 Jun 2012
By Ew_Tux
Playstation Staff

Giving up on this. ...

14 Replies 416 Views Created 03-06-2012

Until they get rid of the visible spawn locations :smileymad:

Spawn, die, spawn, die ... 

Oh, and matchmaking for co op would be nice as well ...

Anywho, so long starhawk, maybe we see each other again if the devs wise up....:xRolleyes:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (416 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Giving up on this. ...

Despite the devs already beginning to balance the game, you're giving up. Good, go play CoD or some other generic FPS.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (379 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Maybe you should look at my profile before making a comment like that. 

For your info, I'm currently playing Ghost Recon and Mass Effect 3, both of which are not FPS. The visible spawn points are the downfall of this game and it's the only thing that is ruin it for me, i can live with all the rest of the issues, however, have the enemy see where you spawn and wait for you while you do is :No-no:

Section 8 had a similar spawn system and managed to do it correctly. But, by all means, class anyone that has a comment on a game as a COD fanboy :xRolleyes:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (365 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

1. I haven't seen any baseravage since the update, which is where your issue normally occurs.

2. Maybe you should get better?

3. Like I said, they're still balancing the game.

4. I don't care what you play, what I was saying that you complain about things being too tough.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (310 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

MattMellander wrote:

1. I haven't seen any baseravage since the update, which is where your issue normally occurs.

2. Maybe you should get better?

3. Like I said, they're still balancing the game.

4. I don't care what you play, what I was saying that you complain about things being too tough.

I was intending of writing several paragraphs in response but to be honest , due to the above comments i just can't be arsed :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

the problem with making spwn points invisible is that now when the enemy are base raping you, and the team have set a shield and depot in an area only accessable by spawn location, they come and plonk a spawn point right next to it, spawn in and then destroy it. if you make spawn points invisible then you have no chance againt spawn rapes at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (253 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

UNfortunately I haven't managed to get on this during the last week, and I haven't had the urge to want to play it. I think that says it all for the game. Its such a massive shame, as Warhawk was great.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

For me they've got it all wrong.Why make changes to the hawk to balance the game, when the vast majority of players are noobs and have know idea how to play the game. When i've played in Clan battles, it works! Reason? nobody is running for a turret lol They de-powered certain aspects of the hawk to stop A2G dominance/BR and it worked, but what happens in six months when the voluntary Base Rape crew are still hiding in  thier turrets? Warhawk kind of forced you learn to fly or die,Get in a hawk people!

For me the Engine and graphics are good and work well, but with all the small issues that should have been resolved at the beta stage, the game obviously was not ready to be released. Sadly, Warhawk is still a better game, for now!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

jimscot wrote:

For me they've got it all wrong.Why make changes to the hawk to balance the game, when the vast majority of players are noobs and have know idea how to play the game. When i've played in Clan battles, it works! Reason? nobody is running for a turret lol They de-powered certain aspects of the hawk to stop A2G dominance/BR and it worked, but what happens in six months when the voluntary Base Rape crew are still hiding in  thier turrets? Warhawk kind of forced you learn to fly or die,Get in a hawk people!

For me the Engine and graphics are good and work well, but with all the small issues that should have been resolved at the beta stage, the game obviously was not ready to be released. Sadly, Warhawk is still a better game, for now!

Warhawk was all about Hawks, however Starhawk is about all types of vehicles.

I am lvl 32 now, and I admit I am rubbish at the hawk compared to anyone who played warhawk (I didn't)

BUT THE GAME I PLAYED TODAY WAS A COMPLETE FARCE.

Space map, no autobalance server , the hawks dominated the field , they got their invunrabity, and their invisibility ??? WHY,  no other vehicle  has access to this feature, I repeat WHY.

They raped the base, and every enemy player  was in our spawn point, 16 players all destroying anyone that moved.

I tried to sneek out of the base to plant a beacon, I got run over by a jeep. STUPID STUPID gameplay.

These people have no concept of encouraging newer players in this game.

In previous  games I have set up a tank depot, and keep producing tanks for my team mates to jump in and use. If the game is unbalanced, the next game I play I switch sides.

PLEASE PLEASE start thinking about the fan base of this game, otherwise very shortly you wont be able to find an active game to play , because nobody will want to play it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The difference between the release day game and 1.02 was a real move in the right direction IMHO:

• the OX tanks have kept there purpose and FUN without being that tad too available and overpowered - they still rock, but can be avoided/defeated much more readily. 
  • Hawk tweaks to cloak, shield and homing missile all welcome, but the cluster / flak still have too much about them and need pairing back a bit more
  • I think the outpost change to 4 rift is way better than 8 and I could live with it as is, but maybe they'll got for 5 or 6 rift...

I think we WILL get further carefully chosen improvements, and I reckon quite soon too as they've had a while. Patience young Skywalkers, you will master the ways of the rift...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (192 Views)
0 Kudos