09 Jul 2012
MVP
Playstation Staff

Rainbow Moon!

25 Replies 575 Views Created 09-07-2012

Rainbow Moon!

did anyone else grab this from the Store and start wandering around slaying monsters over the weekend?

its all about battling creatures, dungeon hunting, eating carrots, staying in inns (innit) and finding sticky comics. and something about escaping the land aswell, but thats secondary to finding keys (and shears) to unlock your next area and looting for materials and general adventuring.

the fights are turn based, and once you get some more party members and sub-turns and start taking on tougher enemies, theres quite a bit of strategy involved in getting into the best positions, using the right characters and just trying to survive in the case of some bosses and higher level foes.

a natty extra feature is it has an online Ranking board (i said ranking):

http://www.rainbowmoongame.com/

which shows stuff like your Level (013), Time (12 hours) and number of Fights (185). has anyone else uploaded their stats yet?

if youve been getting into it recently, how have you been finding the game and what do you think of it? have you been grinding on poor little Imps or jumping straight into Skeletons and Poisonous bad guys?

DriveClub!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (575 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Rainbow Moon!

[ Edited ]

I bought it too, i think its really fun. The graphics and music are good, and the gameplay is very addictive, if a little samey after extended play.

My only real thumbs down is the selling of 'buffs'. Im not overly concerned if people want to pay to get ahead,  but the obscene amount of 'rainbow points' you need to keep your character maxed out does suggest they are trying to nudge you into buying instead of grinding. even at level 18 all my characters would need about 1000 each to reach the caps.

Dont get me wrong it is playable without having your character at max hp and mana available though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26 (562 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

yeah, the stuff to buy on the Store is a bit silly, though as youd still need to play the game an awful lot even if you bought them all, guess its more of a leg up really as you say.

level 18 is pretty darn good! its good for 'short' 2 hour plays at a time xD.
DriveClub!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26 (529 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Im pretty much ignoring the hp and mana increases from the savant, it would take ages to keep them topped up, it means im running around with half of potential hps, but it doesnt seem to matter. Im playing in normal mode though.

A lot of the monsters seem very tough at first, but lots have a way of being defeated. Finishing your last turn with 'defend' is very good against skeletons and other hard hitters, making sure you dont finish your turn in direct line of sight of poison throwers, stuff like that makes it easier to grind quickly.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26 (525 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The game is brilliant but after 30 hrs into the game it does get a tiny bit annoying grinding enemies and once u hit lvl 20 you seem to easily get exp more easily.....

seems that the game is massive and its nice playing a good old fashion rpg with improved graphics its pretty fun.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26 (514 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I wish someone would make a Tactical RPG with a decent gfx. Don't get me wrong, I am not a gfx ***** but I think it's about time we stooped playing games where we can even get a good look at our characters/enemies. I had my fair share of Disgaea other similar titles but they should try a bit more harder. On the other side it's good that we even have this titles because in this "golden age" of gaming if you want anything similar to this genre you should look at hand-held's. I would have never imagined that this type of games would be so hard to find. Best regards, Sasha_
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26 (494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sasha_Je wrote:
I wish someone would make a Tactical RPG with a decent gfx. Don't get me wrong, I am not a gfx ***** but I think it's about time we stooped playing games where we can even get a good look at our characters/enemies. I had my fair share of Disgaea other similar titles but they should try a bit more harder. On the other side it's good that we even have this titles because in this "golden age" of gaming if you want anything similar to this genre you should look at hand-held's. I would have never imagined that this type of games would be so hard to find. Best regards, Sasha_

its a bit of a niche genre unfortuantly, you aren't going to see a multi million pound tactical rpg because not enough people play them.

Valkyria chronicles is probably the pinnacle graphics wise for this sort of game at the moment, it doesnt have the exploration part though really.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26 (490 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Love it!!!

Grinding is not to hard in this game , well so far.

Just got my 3rd party member though my I haven't updated my latest stats :smileyhappy:

Head here for your stats 

http://www.rainbowmoongame.com/ranking.php

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26 (460 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

We don't need a multi million pound games, we just need someone with a bit of budget to take interest in this genre. Valkyria Chronicles is a lovely game but because of the anime approach the game was viable only to anime fans and therefore in the west it failed sailing. Developers took note and released every sequel to PSP, mainly Jap only. The problem is no one took the time to evolve this genre, I don't know why because game like Pokemon Black and White are selling unbelievable well and even Atlantica Online is doing pretty well as far as I know. My last hope was with Square Enix but they decided Final Fantasy should be an action game with small tactical features ( I like the idea, the system but overall it fails to deliver any actual tactical decision ). It's a shame because with every title coming out on the hand-held's people are rushing to buy the and I'm positive it would happen the same with a decent budget console game.

Best regards,

Sasha_

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26 (453 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26 (450 Views)