24 Mar 2010
Playstation Staff

can i change location if i cant find channels?

3 Replies 816 Views Created 24-03-2010

i have an australian playtv and i know that if i can manage to change the location to other then i can export files to the xmb.

my problem is that when i try to change my location, i cant find any channels and i realise thats probably because i dont get the signal that the 'other' option looks for, but is there a way to change the location and not have any channels listed? or must i have at least one channel available to be able to change locations?

thankyou

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (816 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: can i change location if i cant find channels?

When you change to "other" location it only scans in VHF, so you must live in a regional area and only get UHF.

The answer to your question is NO, if you change location PlayTV must be able to pick up at least 1 channel, or you can't get past the setup screen.
If you want to save some recordings, best bet is to install a 500GB HDD in the PS3

1TB SSHD PS4 - Samsung 40" 3D LED - Yamaha 5.1 audio
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (813 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hayden; Are you changing the location by going through the Full Set-up or directly(i.e. only the location)?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (761 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i have tried to change the location just by opening up the 'change location' option. i thought that the full setup would result in the same outcome. maybe i should try the full set up also?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (712 Views)
0 Kudos