19 Feb 2010
By: Barnesy2006 Member 5 Posts
Level 1

Fixes I'd like to see for PlayTv

10 Replies 1,331 Views Created 19-02-2010

I'd like to see a few things fixed and or added to PlayTv..

1. Typing direct numbers for TV stations on the remote, at the moment I can type in 10 and get channel 10 but it only works on 10 and 1, I can't do it with all the other TV stations.

2. Editing, I like to record shows and keep them on my Hard Drive, I have a 2 hour movie with an extra 30 mins of the next show on it and I'd like to be able to edit that 30 mins of the end as it is taking up Hard Drive space, I'd like to be able to edit out the adds too.

3. During storms the reception gets badly pixelated and even goes blank at times, I was recording a 3 hour program and about 20 mins in to it the reception went bad so the PlayTv stopped recording. I missed a great show due to 5 mins of bad reception. I'd like to see PlayTv continue recording though the bad reception.

I'm guessing most of this has been covered in past posts but I rang Playstation and they told me to post a message on the board as it is the best way to get the message across, Thankyou!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (1,331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: Fixes I'd like to see for PlayTv

As for #3...ALL digital PVR's stop recording if reception is crap

1TB SSHD PS4 – Samsung 40” 3D LED – Yamaha 5x 100watt Receiver
Looking for a clan to join ?? check out Beyond The Grave [BTG]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (1,339 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Really, Dam!   Well maybe Sony can be the first to fix that..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (1,326 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Well yeah, but why would you want to record something if the picture keeps breaking up

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (1,321 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

how about just fixing the stuttering?!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (1,275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Sometime the picture only breaks up for a few minutes (sometimes not), so if it only breaks up for a few mintues then why miss the hour that follows?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (1,221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Oh also how do you turn of the 'On Screen Display'

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (1,220 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

[ Edited ]

Barnesy2006 wrote:

Sometime the picture only breaks up for a few minutes (sometimes not), so if it only breaks up for a few mintues then why miss the hour that follows?

I'm assuming it may be a feature that stops the HDD from becoming corrupted.

About a year ago i had a DVD recorder with a 250GB HDD and once it attempted to record 

a show to the HDD that kept breaking up, and the HDD ended up corrupted.

Whether or not that was just a coincidence i don't know.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (1,196 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Integration of the application into the XMB. Instead of being a standalone application. There is a lot of doubling up of features that the XMB can already do (video playback & functions etc). Sony have already integrated the EPG into the XMB on Bravias, so it must be possible to do so on the PS3. 

PlayTV settings can reside under the Settings xmb, library can be a folder under Video xmb etc it all makes better sense than having a standalone application.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (1,092 Views)
0 Kudos

When i use playtv to record a program some programs have terrible playback. The image is jumpy and the sound breaks up, stopping and starting, making the playback unwatchable! I have on occasions had a program stop recording because of bad reception, but this has only happened a few times. I have taken off background recording and would like to know what else I am able to do to help resolve this problem. I have almost reached the point where I am ready to get rid of my 'playtv' as the poor recording happens on a regular basis. Is there an optimal aerial cable/configuration that may help?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (1,003 Views)
0 Kudos