22 May 2012
By: EdwCarnby Member 7,302 Posts
Level 6

Real Clothes Shopping via Home - Thoughts?

27 Replies 490 Views Created 22-05-2012

Brand identity. A part of our modern consumerist culture. A first world problem at times, if you will!

Do you sometimes ask yourself "oh, those clothes I bought for my avatar would be great to have in real life"? Did you know a lot or most of the threads by Diesel, Billabong, and smaller brands like Jon Burgerman are virtual counterparts of real ones? Well, now you do!

So picture this - you could buy these clothes via Home and have them delivered to your door by partnered outlets. Sony could make additional commision of sales via Home so it's a tempting proposition to them. They could also offer bundle deals like "Buy a real one get a virtual one free" , or access passes to spaces by getting the real clothes a bit like they already do with virtual clothes and items now.

So in short,this idea encompasses:

*Buy the clothes you like on your avatar, but for yourself!

*Do this via the wallet system (duh).

*Increased sales and bonuses for all involved.

*Perhaps entice a new market of user into Home or broaden the fashionista one.

What are your thoughts guys?

Would any of you do this? Would it work?

Given the chance there's a couple of items I'd probably buy in real life, if they weren't sky high like some outlets tag them up.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (490 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Real Clothes Shopping via Home - Thoughts?

I like the idea.  These brand are already advertising on home to gain more exposure, so it would seem like a logical step.  And if it works out it could increase the number of brands willing to sell on home, which is good for everyone.

And perhaps it could work both ways.  If you purchase the items online directly from the vendors website, they could offer a redeem code for the virtual counterpart, increasing homes’ exposure.  :Smile:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (476 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty sure there are laws against wearing most of the female Home clothes out in public. 

photo Cole_zps43eeb83b.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (473 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

OoO-avatar-OoO wrote:

And perhaps it could work both ways.  If you purchase the items online directly from the vendors website, they could offer a redeem code for the virtual counterpart, increasing homes’ exposure.  :Smile:

Yes :Thumbs: good idea.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

OMG Ed! You're a genius!!!

How about getting a redeem code from the cashier when you buy certain clothes? Imagine the social weirdness!

Home user buying real clothes: "Here you go"

Cashier: "Thank you sir *BEEP* have you seen our new *BEEP* range of shoes"?

Home user buying clothes: "Yes, I have. Thank you"

Cashier: "Is that everything for now sir"?

Home user buying clothes: "Yes, thanks"

Cashier: "Can I interest you in a virtual pair of Speedos as well sir?"

Home user looks around in a shifty manner as the 14 year-old girls behind him begin to snigger, he looks at the RL Speedos on the counter and imagines the fun he'd have chasing noob-girls around HS in them, paired with a wooly jumper for maximum bottomless-ness effect. It's too much fun to pass on so he asks

"How much are the virtual pair?"

Cashier: "It's only an extra 50p sir"

The girls are laughing now, loudly guessing at ridiculous user names for him like StalkyStu4U or I_L1veA10ne. It feels like it's getting warmer and he begins to feel awkward as he hears other people in the que talking about what utter social rejects people who use Home are. Is the whole shop watching now!? He looks the cashier right in the face and says

"I'll take em"

And with that, slinks off into the crowd and off to his house; where he can parade around in public in his bright red Speedos being a nuisance to anything shaped like a girl while asking

"where are you from, how old are you, wanna cam? Wanna cam? Wanna cam?"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (458 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

The idea is great and its a big surprise for friends you made on Home whom you might meet it real life too.

A Home friend an I wanted to meet at Gamescom 2011. We had never seen ourselves in real life, so he asked me how to find out who we are amongst all the others. I said, no fear, you will spot me, and indeed, he recognized me at once, cause  I was wearing my "When in Doubt Make Tea" shirt. 

Has been real fun.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (449 Views)
0 Kudos

I think it is a wonderful idea, And i would definetly order $100.oo worth the first day!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (410 Views)
0 Kudos

I absolutely would. In fact, I have already bought a few items from the real Billabong store, that I have on my avi on Home. I've been using my avi as a creative outlet for fashion ideas. As long as there is a sizing chart included, I wouldn't hesitate much on ordering off of Home. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Yeah of course. Wouldn't expect it to be a "one size" affair. Would suck to order a tight fitting top and it come in XXL!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (397 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Mentioned this a while back as I saw a nice knitted jumper on Home I wanted in real life. I think it's a great idea! I mean, advertising brands virtually makes sense to translate it into real life form.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (383 Views)
0 Kudos