09 Sep 2009
Playstation Staff

Make Your Avatar Look Just Like You?

20 Replies 1,462 Views Created 09-09-2009

I just had a thought and I wanted to post it before I forgot. Wouldnt it be cool if we could just simply take a picture of our face using a PlayStation Eye, or maybe upload a photo from the PS3, and then Home will automaticly adjust our Home avatars face to look exactly like you! I know people will put pictures of Bugs Bunny in front of the camera but it will be a laugh would it not? Just imagine walking past somebody that looks like Bugs Bunny in Home Square, just picture it for a moment!

As I said this idea just popped into my head. I think you can already do this kind of thing on a PS3 game already but I cant remember which one it is... Anyway what do you think about the idea?

Cookie 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (1,462 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Make Your Avatar Look Just Like You?

Awesome idea! I really like that, would be a great feature! I think uploading a photo can't be too taxing so i don't suppose there's too many technical problems..i sure a tech wiz tell me otherwise :smileyvery-happy:
But epic idea, kudo for bugs bunny thats golden! :smileyvery-happy:

Don't purchase Fallout: New Vegas, the game is broken in every conceivable way
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (1,443 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Hopefully it'd work better than the rainbow 6 vegas 2 camera on xbox360 taking did, massive bald patch  randomly appearing and head bigger than helmets ftl.
Message Edited by XD_AAROOONN_XD on 09-09-2009 07:26 PM
PhotobucketPhotobucket
xd_aarooonn_xd
Also Known as AaronMETAL.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (1,417 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

a couple of years ago i downloaded a demo program that puts a side and front picture of you and turns it to 3D. i can't remember what it is called but hopefully could be used with HOME and PlayStationEye
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (1,397 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

haha then home would be filled with millions of angelina joilies and brad pitts!!! lol hmmm not a bad thing i guess
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak." - Dream, in Dream Country

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (1,392 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

u can do it in tiger woods 09.....gameface option...it takes two photos of ur face(front view and side view, u put markers on eye parts ,nose etc and then wait ages and it makes a not to bad version of your face.
would be cool intergrated into home
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21 (1,380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

scottscorpion wrote:
u can do it in tiger woods 09.....gameface option...it takes two photos of ur face(front view and side view, u put markers on eye parts ,nose etc and then wait ages and it makes a not to bad version of your face.
would be cool intergrated into home

They do the Gameface in most EA Sports games now, so I guess that the tech is there and its upto PS to work out how to get it to work for home.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (1,354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i remember this program, it was called digimask or something.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (1,332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the feedback people loving all the comments! Just imagine what home would be like if this was an actual feature... Just imagine how many PlayStation Eyes would be sold just because of one feature...!

Cookie

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (1,240 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

That would be soooooo cool!! I'd be soooo up for that!! x
Twitter: xMissCarlyNx Steam: PinkPrincess81
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (1,223 Views)
0 Kudos