Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Modern Warfare 2 - despatched.

Spirit0fLight wrote:

Strangeotron wrote:

LAClennell wrote:

I've just been on the phone with HMV regarding my MW2 Prestige Editon preorder, and I can conform that ParcelForce ARE Holding all MW2 Preorders till Tuesday 10th, and that the emails that were sent out were generic.

Yep, I'm REALLY p*ssed off now!

Message Edited by LAClennell on 06-11-2009 02:14 PM

Sorry, don't buy this.

They can't decide to withhold delivery of something without knowing for sure what's in the parcel and they can't do that without opening it which they aren't allowed to do.

Just be lucky yours has been despatched already.

They are holding anything that ships from Stores.. Just in case it is MW2.. So no they don't need to open them.

That means you aren't getting the service you paid for. Whether that's acceptable for you is up to you. I wouldn't put up with it. Why should MW2 be the exception, because it's popular? Everything i've ordered from game has arrived a day before release. Suddenly they are getting their knickers in a knot? If mine doesn't arrive as per the special delivery conditions i've paid for on monday (got shipped this afternoon which I think is in time for collection for next working day delivery) then I'll complain. It's the principle of the thing! 
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 183 (723 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

LAClennell wrote:

Strangeotron wrote:

LAClennell wrote:

I've just been on the phone with HMV regarding my MW2 Prestige Editon preorder, and I can conform that ParcelForce ARE Holding all MW2 Preorders till Tuesday 10th, and that the emails that were sent out were generic.

Sorry, don't buy this.

They can't decide to withhold delivery of something without knowing for sure what's in the parcel and they can't do that without opening it which they aren't allowed to do.

Apparently Parcelforce can :smileyindifferent:

They can't.

Parcelforce cannot withold a perfectly legal delivery on the basis it might be MW2. For all they know it could be a game that's legitimately out today.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 183 (719 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well mine was expected delivery of the 6/11/09. But at the moment its a no show :smileysad: I can hope for tomorrow but i think it will be TUESDAY! :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 183 (697 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Strangeotron wrote:

LAClennell wrote:

Strangeotron wrote:

LAClennell wrote:

Sorry, don't buy this.

Apparently Parcelforce can :smileyindifferent:

They can't.

Parcelforce cannot withold a perfectly legal delivery on the basis it might be MW2. For all they know it could be a game that's legitimately out today.

And how do you know that online stores are not putting all MW2 orders into one despatch area and all other orders into another despatch area, therefore Parcelforce will know what to hold back and what to let go out for delivery.

Therefore Parcelforce can hold it back until the game is due to be released on Tuesday, and those that say "Oh I have paid £x.xx for special delivery, then you only have yourselves to blame, you knew the game doesn't get released till Tuesday, and if you get yours the same time as someone that has only got standard delivery then you clearly haven't thought it through.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 183 (613 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Apparently it has been despatched by Littlewoods (good old vouchers means its only a fiver lol)

It is in holding at Parcelforce.

It is behind the counter in Blockbusters.

I think I'm covered to be able to play it first thing on Tuesday!!!

I took the day off work so there is no way I am wasting a day waiting for postman pat! God only knows what time the courier would get here. Can always return 2 of them if they all come.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 183 (586 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

To the few people on here who haved said they have got theirs already go forth and multiply please!! Like the person that said 'i go mine today, but not from Game'. Well either tell us where from or STOP attention seeking!!!

Jesus

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 183 (569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Turned out my parcel wasn't MW2 (which I wasn't expecting anyway), I didn't realise the wife had ordered a game for our nephew !!.

Nevermind, it gives me chance to finish something else.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 183 (502 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Zavvi sent mine yesterday and i got it this morning WOW what a game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 183 (487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MegaGameNut wrote:

<sniffs the air for the familiar smell of fresh bullsh**)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 183 (457 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

slimpervy wrote:

MegaGameNut wrote:

<sniffs the air for the familiar smell of fresh bullsh**)

NO bullsh** have a look

http://megagamenut.webs.com/DSC00220.JPG

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 100 of 183 (440 Views)
0 Kudos