24 Jul 2010

Playstation Staff

Where can i search for PSN ID's?

16 Replies 161,441 Views Created 24-07-2010
Is there a website around where i can type in someones PSN ID into a search bar, and it'll find them? Like this one for the Xbox 360 http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/invalid.aspx Also, can you send people messages through the psn website like you can through the xbox live website?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (161,441 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Where can i search for PSN ID's?

I don't think there is and i'm glad if there is none, it would open the floodgates for all the MW2 10th prestiege lobby invites for money, so here hopeing there is no way you can search for id's like that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (161,432 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yes, there is a place - kinda.

The US PlayStation site has the functionality to search for a gamer and check out their Trophies, although unlike Xbox you can't message them, or add them as a friend, but I'm sure that may come over time.

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=

Just enter an ID after the = sign.

1713.png

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (161,391 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (147,008 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

but can you add that friend that you look up or do you have to do that via your console only?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (114,135 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

All friend invites are done via console. It prevents people wasting your friends list if they don't even have a PS3/Vita.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (114,129 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey, recently I got into a game with two people and had alot of fun with them. Randomly the game decides to kick me because I couldn't reconnect, so now I'm stuck not knowing what their names were. Is there anyway to search their names and see a list of similar ones?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (104,129 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

depending on your play history you could check "players met" on PS3 above friends list.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (104,118 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I got a big problem i was playing with 1 and we have some fun BUT then he got kick and i check players met and he was not because i remember in the name it was _mike33
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (102,460 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yes, You can go to the PS Menu on your ps3 and go to the "Friends" row. After you do that, you go down till you see "Players Met" click and you'll see the latest players you've met. If you played this game a few months ago then you may not be able to see that persons ID.

Thank You, iUmer450

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (102,144 Views)
0 Kudos