Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

RE6 error '80029513' it DOESN'T WORK!!!

236 Replies 6,336 Views Created 02-10-2012

Hi y'all,

Got a wee problem with my HDD version of Resident Evil 6, it doesn't work!

Sat (not very) patiently waiting for 1am, when it was supposed to 'activate' & i could finally get to play it, but instead i get a mssg ...

'THE COPYRIGHT PROTECTION INFORMATION IS INVALID'

I'm then prompted to ...

A :- 'activate' my PS3!?! if already activated (DOH), deactivate & then activate again (made NO difference)

B :- sign in with the account it was purchased on & RE-DOWNLOAD !!!! 

C :- if none of the items listed here resolve this issue, write down error code 80029513 & then contact technical support for assistance 

I pre-ordered this game so i could have it sitting, ready to play, as soon as it was 1am & took the day off work to play it too ...:Stupid:

I'll try re-downloading & if that doesn't work, i'll be phoning technical support with a bit more to tell them than just the error code, unbelievable !!! 

To say i'm not happy, would be about right :Mad:

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

stuntmonkios

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stuntmonkios
Accepted Solution

@mpc1975

Yes, if u delete any RE6 data from 'game data utility' on the PS3 xmb & then accept the new update, that should do it

I now have another issue with the game, seems i missed the 1st chapter trophy for Leons campaign when i played through it, probably because i jumped about with different online partners & missed a section of the level

I have went back & played through the full level to completion, but still no trophy?

No problems with chapters 2, 3 & 4 trophies (still to do 5) so what's that all about?

I feel another post coming on!!! :Evil:

@Rocksman

I have now successfully played online coop with a disc user so will now tag this as resolved

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: RE6 error '80029513' it DOESN'T WORK!!!

[ Edited ]
/16

stuntmonkios

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stuntmonkios
Accepted Solution

@ liammassey 

Now signed back in, got the new 1.01 update & it's working :BigGrin:

Dunno what the problem was, but the main thing is, it works

The real test will be soon, when i try to hook up with a disc using friend 

Anyone played coop yet, with each player using the two different media formats?

@ Sony / Capcom

Thanks for the speedy fix & for keeping us all up to date with what's been going on, oh no wait, that's only half true :Evil:

Thanks for the speedy fix then!!!

I'll tag this as 'resolved' only once i have managed to play coop with a disc using friend

0 Kudos

/16

bmac_336

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bmac_336
Accepted Solution
heyman how did u fix it bro? i just tied to buy it and the erroe message popped up! how do i fix this crap???
0 Kudos

bmac_333
/16

stuntmonkios

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stuntmonkios
Accepted Solution

@bmac_336

Sounds like you have a different issue

You say you tried to buy it & got an error code, was it actually the same error number, seems doubtful, as the issue initially reported here came about due to a faulty update, which has since been replaced with a working one

If you can't actually buy it from the store & get an error message you should take a note of the number & contact your regions support line & of course report the problem here, on the forums

You're probably better to start a new post though, as not many people will see your issue here, as the post is now tagged as resolved & most that were affected are now aware of the 'fix' so will be unlikely to be looking back in on this post

Check the error number & quote it within your subject title, that should help you to find any others with the same problem

Good luck mate, i hope you get it sorted out

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Stonesthrow

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stonesthrow
Accepted Solution

Worked fine for me, even after the patch. But the last couple of days it has been gradually getting worse. 3 days ago I was still playing mercenaries without issues, then the disconnects started appearing, and now I can't even find a match anymore as it just gives me a search error. It's on and off but the disconnects happen too much for me to put more time into it right now. Guess I'll play the campaign on harder difficulties for now..

0 Kudos

/16

P0TAT0-GUNS

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
P0TAT0-GUNS
Accepted Solution

I have noticed this happens whenever you dry to play a downloaded game during maintaience. After maintainence is complete the game loads without issue. Hope this clears things up.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

P0TAT0-GUNS wrote:

I have noticed this happens whenever you dry to play a downloaded game during maintaience. After maintainence is complete the game loads without issue. Hope this clears things up.

Hi guys,

If you are having issues with Resident Evil 6 downloaded of the PlayStation Store, there was an initial issue with the Day one patch, which was replaced with a new patch that should now be working.

In this instance it may be worth deleting the Game Data and reinstalling complete with the new patch.

Rabid

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel