02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Anybody get this message yesterday?

76 Replies 34,079 Views Created 06-07-2011

Message is from ViliusLTU and says

Dear PSN users,this is board executive Marlon Young. Due to all spamming, we at psn are giving out another welcome back package that includes all call of duty games, including Black ops, plus a free year of playstation plus. Send this to all of your friends, then go to store and check your download list. Not only Black ops, but $120 will be in your account.

way of spam message on psn? this send me yesterday from a non friend user and yesterday i wasnt online...

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Rukyius

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rukyius
Accepted Solution

Something is fishy about these spam things, be mindful before you report someone and get them in trouble for something they didn't do.

I got the same exact mail from 6 different people and I mean EXACT and 3 of them I know personally and not to mention I get a mail from someone saying stop spamming me... I haven't played in 2 weeks, and yes I change my pass often...

So Sony gots some splaning to do, maybe that past error was not completely resolved and someone is being subtle about it?

I think best is to ignor it and if you decide to report, report the post not the poster.. my openion thats all. 

0 Kudos

Re: Anybody get this message yesterday?

[ Edited ]
/16

alstew

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
alstew
Accepted Solution

I did get the same msg., but I need some help understanding why these msgs are being sent lest alone aloud to out to other users. I get enough spam in my email I don't want it here as well, this is my escape from everthing else. I love to get free stuff, but don't lie to me about it. It's like smelling a steak cooking, and there is nothing there. I'm sure there are plenty of others that feel same way I do. Sony I have been a loyal fan of all your products since ps1. I'm seriously thinking about not spending anymore capital with playstation store if this foolishness can not come to an end.

0 Kudos

/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rachelsboyfriend
Accepted Solution

most of my friends are switching to XBox 360 because psn is very weak. You guys send mesages bto everyone saying you guys are giving free games and its all fake we are done.

0 Kudos

/16

tomboland

87%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tomboland
Accepted Solution

rachelsboyfriend wrote:

most of my friends are switching to XBox 360 because psn is very weak. You guys send mesages bto everyone saying you guys are giving free games and its all fake we are done.

i hope you realise that these fake messages are nothing to do with Sony.....

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

rachelsboyfriend wrote:

same happens on XBL.

Remove

Block

Move on!

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Goffo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Goffo
Accepted Solution
I got 2 of these messages in the early hours of today, the message said that the forums were undergoing a change.. It was not a psn message but sent to my email hotmail address.. What's going on.?
0 Kudos

/16

Goffo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Goffo
Accepted Solution
'twas from a chap called MercuryValentine...
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

1. Sony wont EVER send PSN chain messages out offering free credit or welcome back packages etc.

2. And if they did don't you think their capitalisation or grammar would be a little bit better (spelling psn or ps plus without caps, come on!) ???

3. They would also use the correct currency for the correct region no? What flipping good are dollars here in the UK/EU???

I seriously don't understand anyone gullible enough to even consider these messages as real :Shame:

Block and report the swines!

0 Kudos

/16

FusionSpectrem

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FusionSpectrem
Accepted Solution

OFF THE TOPIC: Is it illegal when some1 give me his id and pass so i can download somethin like him? If not pls i need help downloading premium pack for bf3 cuz they dont have psn cards where i live -.-

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

FusionSpectrem wrote:

OFF THE TOPIC: Is it illegal when some1 give me his id and pass so i can download somethin like him? If not pls i need help downloading premium pack for bf3 cuz they dont have psn cards where i live -.-

yes dont do it

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

FusionSpectrem wrote:

As stated, it's a big no no! You could end up having your console banned thus turning it into an expensive doorstop.

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution

Goffo wrote:
'twas from a chap called MercuryValentine...

That's legit. It's to do with the American forums

Here's a link to a thread I made about it

0 Kudos

/16

Ahles3

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ahles3
Accepted Solution

Definitely fake, here is a list of current Sony Executives:

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/CorporateInfo/executive/index.html

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

asesino_mass24

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
asesino_mass24
Accepted Solution

yo resabie ese mensaje hoy no se que hacer ? También e resabido otros mensajes como esos 

0 Kudos

/16

NITRO_2000

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NITRO_2000
Accepted Solution

Yes I got the same message also, it is most certanly spam. It sounds to me like someone is trying to run a hacker code to steal your downloads and put playstation down again.

0 Kudos

/16

KILLERXXCMB

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KILLERXXCMB
Accepted Solution

3 PM

Dear PSN users,this is board executive Marlon Young. Due to all spamming, we at psn are giving out another welcome back package that includes all call of duty games, including Black ops, plus a free year of playstation plus. Send this to all of your friends, then go to store and check your download list. Not only Black ops, but $120 will be in your account.

way of spam message on psn? this send me yesterday from a non friend user and yesterday i wasnt online...3 PM

way of spam message on psn? this send me yesterday from a non friend user and yesterday i wasnt online...

0 Kudos

/16

diordiva

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
diordiva
Accepted Solution

Yes, I received it as well, I was not on line at the time and there were two messages that were left from user aware0493 and put him under grief report.

0 Kudos

/16

Lindsey-J

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lindsey-J
Accepted Solution
How do I report the message and user?
No options are appearing. I got message about 10 mins ago....new name "Kevin butler" lol
0 Kudos

/16

x-SourApple-x

93%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x-SourApple-x
Accepted Solution

Lindsey-J wrote:
How do I report the message and user?
No options are appearing. I got message about 10 mins ago....new name "Kevin butler" lol

Find the message, hover over it, press triangle, scroll down all the way to the bottom to 'Grief Report'.

0 Kudos

/16

Lindsey-J

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lindsey-J
Accepted Solution
Stating I'll get $37.... GBP would be more useful for me....
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

If you do receive spam messages such as the one in the original post, it is best to report the message to us via the grief report option on the message.

As this can be widely distributed by others and not necessarily the person who created it, it can be difficult to trace, however it will help us to look into it.

Thanks,

Rabid

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel