Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: >>Please add the ability to remove our own trophies!<<

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

makes trophies even more pointles than they already are?

Didn't they release or were planning on releasing a reward system relating to trophies in the US but just haven't made it avaliable to EU.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23 (229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Muttykins wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Didn't they release or were planning on releasing a reward system relating to trophies in the US but just haven't made it avaliable to EU.

Since when?Never heard of it.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Muttykins wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

My mistake i 'm sure i read somewhere it was trophy related but it's not after checking.

This is what i was reffering to.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/27/introducing-playstation-rewards-a-new-way-to-earn-exclusiv...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23 (213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Muttykins wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Muttykins wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

My mistake i 'm sure i read somewhere it was trophy related but it's not after checking.

This is what i was reffering to.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/27/introducing-playstation-rewards-a-new-way-to-earn-exclusiv...

Ah I see, never heard of that either.

Ta :smileyhappy:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23 (211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Nakatsu_Hime wrote:
The only valid reason for being able to delete trophy information in my opinion, is when NO trophies have been gained (borrowed / rented game, etc).

Otherwise... NO!

But aren't trophies a sign of the games you've played and enjoyed so people have an understanding of the games you like AND don't like?

So if you have 100% on one game that shows you really enjoyed that game (or it should do! Some people just seem to play any old trash just for a few trophies :Shame:)

And If you have a game with 0% or a few percent then that shows you most likely didn't like the game, or had the time to play it.

Wanting to deleting them is just daft to me, why cover your tracks of yourself as a gamer?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (200 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

ytevo79 wrote:

Nakatsu_Hime wrote:
The only valid reason for being able to delete trophy information in my opinion, is when NO trophies have been gained (borrowed / rented game, etc).

Otherwise... NO!

But aren't trophies a sign of the games you've played and enjoyed so people have an understanding of the games you like AND don't like?

So if you have 100% on one game that shows you really enjoyed that game (or it should do! Some people just seem to play any old trash just for a few trophies :Shame:)

And If you have a game with 0% or a few percent then that shows you most likely didn't like the game, or had the time to play it.

Wanting to deleting them is just daft to me, why cover your tracks of yourself as a gamer?

:Thumbs:

Below is a Signature

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Fair point, and one that I agree with.

I myself would never bother to delete trophy information, but it was the only situation to which there was a slight justification.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23 (189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I would LOVE the chance to delete my pants trophies because some of the games I got where to try to see what I whould like to play on Bionic Commando and Bio shock being the main 2 that I have no interest in replaying or even remembering that I had ever owned.
I am not in any way a hard core gamer and I understand why amongst those who are this option would be sacrilege but for me it would be handy make things on my profile neater. Or some way like a hidden widow where I don't have to look at them.
Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 4 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore. NOT BUYING THE VITA.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You have a hidden widow? Do the authorities know about this?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23 (169 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Fair point... at the end of the day it's not a biggy, i appreciate the complications... but as the topic was brought up i thought i'd share my opinion, they are trophies.

Trophy = "An object, usually in the form of a statuette, cup, or shield, awarded for sucess in a competition or to mark a special achievement"

Some of my trophies are hard earned, deserved and i'm pround to show off but the ones i've gained just from playing a game for a few hours i don't care for, they are just clutter. To me they are not valued achievements and if i could delete them i would.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23 (154 Views)
0 Kudos