Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Sky Broadband subscribers with PSN issues

Gives me a chance to go on that StarWars game my Sister's boyfriend gave me for my birthday. I don't really like Starwars though but I enjoy the games.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 412 (895 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

what codes are we all getting the last one i had was 8002AD23 i searched this in there search engine and people have had this problem before one said he went to Network Settings and disabled Media Servers and the problem went away.... he just re-enable Media Servers if he wants to watch a film streamed from his PC but other than that, I leave it disabled and not had a problem since. dont no if this will work i dont want to turn mine on incase i smash it up out of anger,
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 412 (889 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

im having problems to very annoying and it started thursday
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 412 (871 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hi all, I'm also a sky customer and have been getting the exact same problems since last week. (8002AD23, 8002A548, connection timed out)

I phoned Sony yesterday, they gave me some ports to open, which I knew in advance would not help. I then phoned Sky but the limits of their abilities seems to be telling people if their internet is working or not.

I really hope this is solved soon. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 412 (862 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This is weird im with the sky broadband middle package and im not having any problems. I get occasional disconnects, but it never effects my PS3, but every other wireless device in the house which is weird.

Have you all got your routers in UPNP mode ??

PSN / Steam - Chas19, My Flickr
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 412 (851 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I'm on sky broadband, i have had no problems connecting online with my ps3, maybe now and again my ps3 signs out, but it doesn't do it that often, also the only time it doesn't work is if sony are doing maintenence to the psn or something like that, also have 2 laptops on the same connection, no problems there, but downloads get affected and sometimes stop, but that is not a concern for me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 412 (848 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

was just read a sky forum and they keep saying thatsony did when they updated there server recently which is funny as i dont remember there being any updates :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 412 (842 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Mine stopped connecting from 12pm onwards :@
www.twitter.com/lukeparfitt
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 412 (832 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If Sky are blaming Sony then why isn' this happening to everybody? Why is it only Sky customers? The reason I chose Sky ahead of other ISPs it because they told me once they'd upgraded all their exchanges I'd automatically go from the £18 a month package to the £5 a month package. 18 months later and guess what? I'm still paying £18 a month. Screw them. If they'd had the decency to admit they'd done something to the network I'd have been prepared to give them a chance. To bare faced lie and deny all knowledge is bullsh*t. I'm going to call them tomorrow, ask to speak to a manager and give them the link to this thread. Then we'll see if there's "something Sony have done". Why would Sony do something to the PSN that stopped people from signing in?!?! I started off feeling disappointed that I couldn't sign in, and a bit powerless because I didn't know what the problem was. Now I'm bloody raging.

And, yes, I have media server connection thingy disabled. Had it enabled on Wednesday though, when I could sign in and out to my heart's content. Between then and Thursday I did NOTHING to my PS3s network setting to explain this problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 412 (818 Views)

Playstation Staff

Yip - Same ***** happening here.

Started playing up Thursday evening.

Surly to christ someone from SKY or SONY can solve the problem easily enough. ???

A wee call to watchog from all the unhappy customers may o the trick. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 412 (804 Views)
0 Kudos