PSN General

05 Sep 2009
By: antem Member 48 Posts
Level 3

PSN Social Networking Website

8 Replies 576 Views Created 05-09-2009

I don't know about u but I feel that a social networking website for the PSN would be awesome.  I feel that a partnership between Sony and the likes of facebook would be a bit strange as I wouldn't want online friends having access to my personal videos n pics on facebook.  However, with a site where I can send messages to my friends when I'm on holiday and view leaderboards for games and maybe even trophies would be much better than a Facebook app on the XMB.

Imagine a site very much like myhawk for Warhawk www.myhawk.org but built-in on a major Sony owned social networking website.  Imagine being able to view where u r on international trophy boards or select ur country and see how u rank with ur fellow nationals at Killzone or COD.  And when I say country I don't just mean GB but Scotland, England, N.Irealand and Wales etc.

I would love Sony to be able to do this and add functions for us to send pics from our games directly to our online picture folders or have a video sent within minutes to the site for all ur PSN mates to c that sniper kill from over the map.

Tell me what u think and add any ideas of ur own

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (576 Views)
Level 1

Re: PSN Social Networking Website

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (561 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I'm talking about an official Sony owned website.  I remember Phil Harisson showed one off at E3 way back in 2007 that would work alongside Home.  I would rather have an official one than giving my account details off to some other website if it is fine or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I have to agree with antem on this one.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (479 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]
He asked for ideas and Skillz put forth his idea, which is a fully function community that does everything ant asked for. Sony wont do anything like this with sites like Playfire already providing a sterling and secure service.
Message Edited by SpiderMike_X on 05-09-2009 07:10 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (476 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I agree, its probably one of my most wanted features from PSN - I'd rather have a worldwide PSN site with leaderboards, messages etc. than cross game chat, but its probably not going to happen :smileysad: At the moment, its kinda stupid having different PSN online features for each reigon. The EU and US have different trophy cards and a few different features on the site, and I'm pretty sure Japan doesnt have any PSN features on the website at all.

There needs to be 1 global, unified site

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (462 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I understand that Sony would probs not want to do a kind of website when there r others like PlayFire but something that integrates with the XMB and Playstation Home would be kl.  It would be awsome and I remember Phil Harrison showed off something like this idea way back in 2007.  Having better integration with other PSN users across the planet would be sweet and something that I thing Playfire or anyone else can't integrate as great as Sony due to the resources available to them.

Also don't u think some people including myself wouldn't want to give away my PSN details freely over the web.  I remember MB saying something like that when gamer cards came out and he told us that it was our own risk.  If Sony would integrate a feature that is safe then many would hop aboard especially if it is easily accessible from the XMB and Home

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

If Sony ever do make a site like that then there are a few features that I think would make it a real success

-Global Trophy leaderboards

-The ability to upload your own game screenshots and videos straight from your PS3

-A games library of your games linked with your account that can be viewed by everyone and includes your own reviews of the games

Message Edited by Andy-McK-4ever on 06-09-2009 06:02 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (364 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Just want to point out that Playfire does not ask for your PSN details it just asks for your ID name and that's it, it does not ask for any passwords or email addresses.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (306 Views)
0 Kudos