07 Jul 2009
Playstation Staff

How do I make a new playstation network account? Thanks

16 Replies 91,124 Views Created 07-07-2009

Hi,

I want to make a new playstaion network account without adding another user account to my playstayion 3. However, when i try and log in to the playstation network on the playstation 3 with a new account , it says that you can only have one playstation network acccount. And, on the playstation 3 there is no option to make a new account.

How can i make and log in with a new playstation network account on my playstaion 3?

Many Thanks
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (91,124 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: How do I make a new playstation network account? Thanks

PSN accounts are linked to a user, so you can only associate one PSN accoutn with one user at any one time.
You can use different accounts though, simply sign out of the PSN and a box will appear for the email address and password, simply type in the details of another account.
To make a new account you can create a new user, then go through the create a new PSN account. When you've set it up, delete the user and log in to your existing user. Provided you don't have it set to automatically log in then you should be able to enter the two diffeent PSN accounts, but only one at a time.

¿pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ uo ƃuıpuɐʇs ǝɹ,noʎ ƃuılǝǝɟ ǝɥʇ ʇǝƃ ɹǝʌǝ noʎ op
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (91,106 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My reply is based on this topic, but i am seriously confused and have no idea what to do or how to do it. Anyways my original PSN is based in the country/region of Cyprus since i have moved to the UK for studiies, am I able to create another PSN account on the same Playstation console? I have bught Fifa 12 but am not able to play online/redeem my password because the region Cyprus is not supported. If there is a way to fix this please go through it step by step because what was said above my brain can't process it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (66,334 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Make a new user then login to your new online account

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (65,636 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

sirgaz i have tried this but it keeps saying you cant sign in with another users email address

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (61,798 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

there's no cure! but big deal" FORMAt

paul sulibit
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (60,297 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have an account already but I want to change my username or even better get a new account,please how do I go about it???
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (60,283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I have done it by making a Hotmail account then making a another PSN account to get round the 2 activation PS3 thing that is causing havoc amongst us that have kids as well as ourselves.

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 4 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore. NOT BUYING THE VITA.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (60,276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

'sdat allu do?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (59,437 Views)
0 Kudos