19 Dec 2013

Playstation Staff

connect my ps4 to my samsung tv

19 Replies 5,869 Views Created 19-12-2013
Hii there, i have been try over and over to connect my ps4 to my samsung 55" and the ps4 can't recognize the tv and it's no signal on the tv !! Any body pleaseeeeee help!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20 (5,869 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: connect my ps4 to my samsung tv

Masses of threads about old Samsung TV's not working with ps4.
How do I know it's an old model? Well my one year old Samsung TV works fine ...
Basically, you need to upgrade the TV's firmware.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20 (5,867 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi there i have the same problem on my Samsung LE32B530P7W Model .. i tryed my brothers ps4 on it and it works fine! . Tried myn again ( No signel then it pics up some sound then no signel with black screen )
Updated my TV Firmwere, Again my PS4 didnt work. Hmmmm ... phoned up sony, Sony saying its not there problem ... "ummm ok" i said "butt it is!" they did not want it back End ov!
So... im sorry butt you may be stuck with a half broken ps4 that sony dont want you to get it replaced!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20 (5,842 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hey guys. Have you tried booting in safe mode? When turning the PS4 on, try holding the button for 7 seconds until you hear a double beep.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20 (5,819 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

yeah tried that theres just no signal coming though! from ps4 to my 2half yr old FULLHDMI Samsung LE32B530P7W Model .. just sound going on/off/on/off/on/off and tv trying to connect! then box appears SEARCHING FOR SIGNALS on/off/on/off (When that box is off the screen) the sound is playing with a black screen! and allways with a black screen!
up in the left corner theres a box HDMI3 or HDMI1/DVI or HDMI2 ( no matter what hdmi port its in)
when its connected with sound! it shows 1920x1080 @60Hz. When its not,  it does not show the numbers just theTime (the digital clock)
When its connected with sound it only stays on for 1-3 secs( with black screen) then its off for 1-3 secs (with black screen) And again Again Again!
I tryed 3 HDMI cables still not working. although it playes on other3 tvs in the house :Help:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20 (5,805 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i had the same problem so i got another tv connectrd it up and went into setings

then sound and screen

then video output setting

then before i selected rgb range i reconneced to the old tv and pressed x twice and i got the pic's back

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20 (5,799 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for help, but no luck

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20 (5,789 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am having the exact same problem with my Samsung. It is only a year old (ES8000 Smart TV). It has been fine with the PS4 for a month but went back to it today and have been unable to get a picture on the screen. The TV has been updated and I have tried different cables and other suggestions which have all been unsuccessful so far.

I just wanted to know if you have had any luck sorting out the similar problem to which I am facing just now?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20 (5,551 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

here are the steps,

1. make sure your tvs firmware is up to date if you can update it do so.

2. plug hdmi into hdmi one (this is the tvs main hdmi controller so has all the whistles and bells)

3. turn off the hdmi controller on you ps4 and on your tv.

4. cycles though all your hdmi ports if above hasnt worked.

come back if it has worked or not

Belt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"he's not made me Dizzee as he....?"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20 (5,548 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Try a different TV, maybe this is the BLOD issue :/