10 Nov 2013

Playstation Staff

PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

44 Replies 19,387 Views Created 10-11-2013

I have done a fair amount of research on this topic and I have yet to find a concrete answer even after reading the FAQ Sony has released. It is my understanding that the Pulse Elite headsets will work after the 1.5 launch day patch? Is this true? Thanks in advance for any info!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 45 (19,387 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

[ Edited ]

Thats Wrong still.

The FAQ specificly state that they won't work after firmware 1.5 patch...

Only Third party USB headsets will...

This is because the USB dongle they use is not a gerneric USB RF dongle. Its a locked down SCEA payed for design dongle. the headset requires the hardware to run the Game audio to USB using SCEA designed Coding to send the Virtual 5.1 audio to the headset...

You will have to wait longer for it to be supported. 

There is also no date for the PS4 version of the pulse manager app..

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45 (19,368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Is this true above because I read you could.

USBYESWill be compatible following system software version 1.50.
* After the update, most commercially available USB headsets will be compatible.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45 (19,334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

No they won't, just 3rd party usb headsets I think. They will be sorted out eventually but there is no date yet.
Games,Movies, Music, Life, it's all good.

Psn: MullyMagic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45 (19,306 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MullyMagic wrote:
No they won't, just 3rd party usb headsets I think. They will be sorted out eventually but there is no date yet.

Yep...

Will Wireless Stereo Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset, which are currently sold for the PS3 system, work on the PS4 system at launch? What about other wireless headsets?
The PS4 system will support the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset following an upcoming PS4 system software update. Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system, though most existing headsets that connect via USB will be supported following PS4 system software update 1.50.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45 (19,280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

GraphiteGB wrote:

MullyMagic wrote:

Yep...

Will Wireless Stereo Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset, which are currently sold for the PS3 system, work on the PS4 system at launch? What about other wireless headsets?
The PS4 system will support the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset following an upcoming PS4 system software update. Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system, though most existing headsets that connect via USB will be supported following PS4 system software update 1.50.

Where was the source of this? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 45 (19,240 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ShineHunter wrote:

GraphiteGB wrote:

MullyMagic wrote:

Yep...

Where was the source of this? 

In the FAQ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45 (19,218 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The same old PS4 FAQ on the EU blog...

I read all of the Peripherals & Accessories section, not just the part I liked...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/30/playstation-4-the-ultimate-faq/

snapshot93.png

Might have to buy a new Steering wheel, bugger.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45 (19,216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ok still don't have a clue will the official ps3 mono Bluetooth headset work with ps4 at launch or ever at all ?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45 (19,202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

rodregez wrote:
Ok still don't have a clue will the official ps3 mono Bluetooth headset work with ps4 at launch or ever at all ?

The FAQ allready said NO

There are no plans to add any current gen BlueTooth mics to the PS4...

Only current USB mics will be enabled...

Future brand new Bluetooth Mics are expected to work... IF they are licensed by SCEI...

The main reason that mono speaker and mic won't be supported is likely because it used 3 Bluetooth channels to connect to the PS3. but it does not matter as they just not supporting any BT mics from this gen...     

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45 (19,190 Views)
0 Kudos