21 Apr 2013
Playstation Staff

PS4 Premium Package

27 Replies 5,364 Views Created 21-04-2013
Been seen a few reports regarding this premium package,it's a PS4 bundled with a Vita sounds like a good way to shift a few Vitas.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (5,364 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 Premium Package

At the right price I could see a PS4/Vita bundle selling quite well to be fair. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (5,354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Erm... I'm not so sure it's wise. Sure they might have a symbiotic relationship, but actually choosing to sell them as a bundle and to try and force that down the supply chain? Nope. Not wise.

Instead it'd be far better to try and encourgae retailers to do such bundles themselves, and to let the market decide. Would I buy such a bundle from a retailer if the price was enticing enough? Hell yes!!! Just don't try and force it to market, as it could have a negative effect.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (5,349 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

Erm... I'm not so sure it's wise. Sure they might have a symbiotic relationship, but actually choosing to sell them as a bundle and to try and force that down the supply chain? Nope. Not wise.

Instead it'd be far better to try and encourgae retailers to do such bundles themselves, and to let the market decide. Would I buy such a bundle from a retailer if the price was enticing enough? Hell yes!!! Just don't try and force it to market, as it could have a negative effect.

So "yes" to bundles but "no" if Sony put them together?!

OK then.....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (5,339 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It all boils down to the price of such a bundle. To get them to sell they need to be cheaper than they're constituent parts, to make it worth buying a bundle.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (5,332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

What Sony need to do to help shift Vita's is drop the RRP drastically of memory cards, it's what is currently holding me back from getting one just yet. 

It's a necessary accessory that's far too expensive, why they didn't put onboard memory inside the Vita like the PSPGo is lunacy, It wasn't to bad with the original PSP at it's launch all games were on UMD and the supplied small memory stick duo was enough for game saves.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (5,322 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

memory card prices are a joke, i wont ever buy one, unless i can get 32gb one for £20 or so. every vita owner i know thinks alike.

untill then ill stick to playing one game at a time. still got a huge back log, some of which i may not ever play.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (5,289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

TINTINTB303 wrote:

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

Instead it'd be far better to try and encourage retailers to do such bundles themselves, and to let the market decide. Would I buy such a bundle from a retailer if the price was enticing enough? Hell yes!!! Just don't try and force it to market, as it could have a negative effect.

So "yes" to bundles but "no" if Sony put them together?!

OK then.....

Sort of. If Sony put bundles together it'll be in a single box. As a trader that potentially leaves you with two products on your shelf that you might be able to sell if they were separately sold, but can't. So I do think these sort of forced bundles on the marketplace can have a seriously negative effect.

Think about this, you walk into a local game shop around launch time. The PS4 is in massive demand and has almost sold out everywhere. However, the only way you can get your hands on Sony's new console is if you purchase it with a PS Vita. Either via a bundled box set from Sony, or some unscrupulous shop owner trying to shift old Vita stock. How would you feel about that? It's a hypothetical question, but I really do think early doors Sony and their commercial partners should concentrate on getting as many PS4's into stores and gamers hands as possible. They can push the linkages with the PS Vita once they've had a successful PS4 launch. Walk before you run if you will.

If there is a demand though from consumers for PS Vita and PS4 bundles stores who offer compelling deals should be supported by Sony, of course they should. But bundling the PS Vita prior to a demand existing would an attempt to shoe horn an unpopular product into a potentially successful and popular product and would most likely be met with scepticism from the marketplace. I think mont348 hits the proverbial nail on the head with the Vita when he talks about RRP of memory cards. I looked into getting the Vita and it put me off completely... As did the price of the system itself. Would I like one? Yes. Do I think it'd be worth it for me personally at the current RRP? No. That might change though if the PS4 adds significant value to its current offer. So as I say it is a little more complex than, Sony bundle bad, game store bundle good.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (5,284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

You raise some interesting points. Some I agree with and some, not so much.

At least I get where you are coming from this time. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (5,274 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

TINTINTB303 wrote:

You raise some interesting points. Some I agree with and some, not so much.

At least I get where you are coming from this time. :smileywink:

No problem, glad I could clarify where I'm coming from.

So, which points don't you agree with?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (5,270 Views)
0 Kudos