09 Dec 2013
By: existenz1 Member 5,629 Posts
Level 4

PS4 Demand >>>> Supply - its crazy Sony screwed up

14 Replies 996 Views Created 09-12-2013

I managed to get hold of a PS4 and sold it on ebay for >£100 more than I paid for it.

When I watch the PS4 sales on ebay its incredible, every sale is at least this good, and they are selling every minute or so today, including some of the packs with 4 games and camera go for > £700.

People are literally desperate to get one.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (996 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: PS4 Demand >>>> Supply - its crazy Sony screwed up

Sony are selling all the PS4 that they can make. But if people are desperate they should try get some of the Killzone bundles that are coming mid-december.

excited for gamescom.jpg

Speculation based on facts.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (918 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

European_Gamer wrote:
Sony are selling all the PS4 that they can make. But if people are desperate they should try get some of the Killzone bundles that are coming mid-december.

Its the 9th now!

Christmas comes but once a year - they will have missed out on soooooo many sales. They could have sold another 1m in the UK alone.

They screwed up.

Period.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (905 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

existenz1 wrote:

European_Gamer wrote:

Its the 9th now!

Christmas comes but once a year - they will have missed out on soooooo many sales. They could have sold another 1m in the UK alone.

They screwed up.

Period.

How have they messed up? They've been making them as fast as they can for months

Fact of the matter is Sony pitched the PS4 perfectly - Great PR and anticipation was created both by the announcement back in February and at E3 in May which has lead to one heck of a lot of people wanting one, no matter what the cost

The PS4 has sold well over 2 million consoles already. I think Sony have actually done quite well in having as many consoles manufactured as they did for both launches

If you honestly think they could have made more you're deluded

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (882 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

I got a PS4 on launch day and so did thousands of others. If you really wanted a PS4 for launch then you should have preordered like I did. Its not rocket science for any new highly in demanded product.

They screwed up, not Sony.

And why do you even care? It made you a nice profit.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (861 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Sony screwed up big time, making a successful console at a decent price that everyone wants! Bet someone's gonna get sacked!

If only they'd charged more for the console, then less people would have wanted one and then there'd be more in the shops for people to buy...

Some crazy logic on here sometimes!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (812 Views)
Level 3

Wigan_Stu wrote:
Sony screwed up big time, making a successful console at a decent price that everyone wants! Bet someone's gonna get sacked!

If only they'd charged more for the console, then less people would have wanted one and then there'd be more in the shops for people to buy...

Some crazy logic on here sometimes!

i agree how silly of sony making a decent console that sells

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (717 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Yea it's a bit dissapointing that they couldn't make more PS4s. But the demand is super high and they have already shipped more consoles then they ever have done in the UK. Over here in Sweden the PS4 have launched but it's almost none excisting. Ebay prices over here are even more crazy as they shipped ridicoules low amount of PS4s over here but the launch over here was mostly just for show.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (663 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

It's the retailers that are making this supply and demand issue so bad,,,there are plenty of consoles...I went in 3 game stores at he weekend, different towns and asked about stock. Every time I was told only if you have a pre order slip...

Then asked the question....are ou sure you can't spare one if I buy a bundle?

Both times I was told I could have one today if I paid 589 for a bundle as they can't sell solace consoles!!!!!!!! I only asked in the first shop as I knew a mate wanted one so thought I'd ask as was in town, so I picked one up for him. This was in the GAME store.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (527 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Sorry

This is one of those really dumb obvious threads gamers make to complain about well just anything, normally on other sites though.

Op

Sony have been running full capacity, maybe you miss those stories but there it is, glad you made a profit though. This arguement has been answered earlier, we all knew it was a huge seller and many of us ordered as soon as it was up. And the reason ebay is full and fhere is a shortage, because many are just buying for profit, many of us bought to game.

Sony will deliver millions more, its Sony not some back street market trader.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (455 Views)
0 Kudos