New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
My PS3 slim is not displaying any video when using the HDMI output. However, it works when using the AV cable supplied with it.
I've already tried resetting it (holding down power button till you hear 2 beeps) but nothing's working. I've tried it on 2 TVs, and both have the same result. And it was working fine this morning!
This happened to me the other weekend (80Gb PS3 unit), but it has fixed itself! I did the following:
1) Set yourself up with the AV cable (as you have done)
2) Run a full back up of your system to an external (FAT32 formatted) hard drive
3) Go into the settings menu and select "Restore PS3 system" - this will format the PS3 and take it back to it's just out of box state
4) My PS3 started working fine on the HDMI cable
5) Restore back up from external drive
6) After the restart the HDMI was not working again, however after a restart or two it started working again?!
This is no way a certain fix (I think maybe the HDMI board in the way out, but it has been fine for a fortnight - even getting a good hammering on GT5!) but certainly worth a try?
Don't suppose you were running F1 2010 when it failed? I'd left it running whilst I ate lunch, came back turned the TV back on and the screen was blank :-I
I tried both :P
Thanks for the suggestion- I didn't want to resort to that, but I may have to. Thing is, this happened yesterday too, and it magically started working this morning! And now it's stopped again :P But thanks a lot for the help :)
And no, I don't have F1, I was playng Black Ops :D
under NO circumstances should ONE tamper with the hdmi ports when theres is power on the units.. you may break the TV or the ps3.. and sounds like you did that with the hdmi port on the ps3..
Website ©2015 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info