Support

PS3 Support

PS3 Support

20 Dec 2009
By: djs2772 Member 1980 Posts
Level 3

why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

15 Replies 12107 Views Created 20-12-2009

hey

i bought a bluetooth handsfree earpiece/mic on ebay as it was advertised as ps3 online gaming compatible. i charged it up, turned it on and then went into the bluetooth section of the ps3 menu and started a scan.

the trouble is that on the screen it says 'scanning for devices' and then nothing happens. i even left it scanning for quite a long time while i went to make something to eat but it just keeps scanning. i would've thought that after a while it would say something like 'no devices found'.

i thought maybe the problem was with the earpice/mic so i tried an old handsfree device and also turned on the bluetooth function on my phone but................ nothing. the ps3 doesnt find anyhting to pair with and just keeps scanning indefinately.

i'm presuming the ps3 wireless controller is bluetooth and there is no problem with that. also i've searched on the net but cant find anything to help me.

does anyone know what the problem might be? any advice is gratefully recieved.

thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (12,107 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

[ Edited ]
you may need to set the headset into pairing mode (or whatever its called) i know some devices need to have buttons pushed first so it sends out a signal for the PS3 to lock onto for pairing, once its paired for first time the device will connect right away. Thats all i can suggest

PS3 Slim 120Gb Upgraded To 250Gb
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (12,098 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

webrosc wrote:
you may need to set the headset into pairing mode (or whatever its called) i know some devices need to have buttons pushed first so it sends out a signal for the PS3 to lock onto for pairing, once its paired for first time the device will connect right away. Thats all i can suggest

thanks. i'll re-check the instructions which came with the earpice/mic.

but....... at the same time wouldnt the ps3 pick up my mobile phone if i've turned on the bluetooth function?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (12,089 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

djs2772 wrote:

webrosc wrote:

but....... at the same time wouldnt the ps3 pick up my mobile phone if i've turned on the bluetooth function?

np hope it helped. my phone has a visible option in the bluetooth settings, so i can have it on but others can't see it. i have to turn that setting off to connect it to the PS3 (i think, not try'd it yet lol)

PS3 Slim 120Gb Upgraded To 250Gb
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (12,084 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Because they are all IR devices?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (12,078 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

webrosc wrote:

djs2772 wrote:

webrosc wrote:

np hope it helped. my phone has a visible option in the bluetooth settings, so i can have it on but others can't see it. i have to turn that setting off to connect it to the PS3 (i think, not try'd it yet lol)

thanks again. yeh i always have that setting on my phone to allow visability as i only ever use it now and then and turn bluetooth on when needed.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (12,074 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

my new earpiece/mic and phone are definately both bluetooth.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (12,041 Views)
0 Kudos

what buttons r u spposed to press cuz u said u know some buttons to press!!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (11,326 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

What make is it? Might narrow it down a little.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (11,322 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ps3 doesnt pick up mobile phones . it only picks up the stuff that it wants to talk to . stick the headset in pairing mode (commonly holding 1 or 2 buttons for 5-10 seconds) and the ps3 will pick it up with another search
Free Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (11,291 Views)
0 Kudos