Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 160

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

20 Dec 2009
By djs2772

djs2772

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

15 Replies 19,786 Views Created 20-12-2009

hey

 

i bought a bluetooth handsfree earpiece/mic on ebay as it was advertised as ps3 online gaming compatible. i charged it up, turned it on and then went into the bluetooth section of the ps3 menu and started a scan.

 

the trouble is that on the screen it says 'scanning for devices' and then nothing happens. i even left it scanning for quite a long time while i went to make something to eat but it just keeps scanning. i would've thought that after a while it would say something like 'no devices found'.

 

i thought maybe the problem was with the earpice/mic so i tried an old handsfree device and also turned on the bluetooth function on my phone but................ nothing. the ps3 doesnt find anyhting to pair with and just keeps scanning indefinately.

 

i'm presuming the ps3 wireless controller is bluetooth and there is no problem with that. also i've searched on the net but cant find anything to help me.

 

does anyone know what the problem might be? any advice is gratefully recieved.

 

thanks in advance. 

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
03
/16

webrosc

  • Offline
84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
webrosc
Accepted Solution
you may need to set the headset into pairing mode (or whatever its called) i know some devices need to have buttons pushed first so it sends out a signal for the PS3 to lock onto for pairing, once its paired for first time the device will connect right away. Thats all i can suggest
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

[ Edited ]

PS3 Slim 120Gb Upgraded To 250Gb
05
/16

djs2772

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
djs2772
Accepted Solution

webrosc wrote:
you may need to set the headset into pairing mode (or whatever its called) i know some devices need to have buttons pushed first so it sends out a signal for the PS3 to lock onto for pairing, once its paired for first time the device will connect right away. Thats all i can suggest

 

thanks. i'll re-check the instructions which came with the earpice/mic.

 

but....... at the same time wouldnt the ps3 pick up my mobile phone if i've turned on the bluetooth function?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

03
/16

webrosc

  • Offline
84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
webrosc
Accepted Solution

djs2772 wrote:

webrosc wrote:
you may need to set the headset into pairing mode (or whatever its called) i know some devices need to have buttons pushed first so it sends out a signal for the PS3 to lock onto for pairing, once its paired for first time the device will connect right away. Thats all i can suggest

 

thanks. i'll re-check the instructions which came with the earpice/mic.

 

but....... at the same time wouldnt the ps3 pick up my mobile phone if i've turned on the bluetooth function?


np hope it helped. my phone has a visible option in the bluetooth settings, so i can have it on but others can't see it. i have to turn that setting off to connect it to the PS3 (i think, not try'd it yet lol)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?


PS3 Slim 120Gb Upgraded To 250Gb
03
/16

mrv321

  • Offline
90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mrv321
Accepted Solution
Because they are all IR devices?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

05
/16

djs2772

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
djs2772
Accepted Solution

my new earpiece/mic and phone are definately both bluetooth.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

Beta Tester
05
/16

planet_lee

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
planet_lee
Accepted Solution

djs2772 wrote:

my new earpiece/mic and phone are definately both bluetooth.


Any chance you can post the make / model of your headset so that we can advise how to place it into pair mode (if you still haven't managed it yet ?)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

05
/16

djs2772

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
djs2772
Accepted Solution

webrosc wrote:

djs2772 wrote:

webrosc wrote:
you may need to set the headset into pairing mode (or whatever its called) i know some devices need to have buttons pushed first so it sends out a signal for the PS3 to lock onto for pairing, once its paired for first time the device will connect right away. Thats all i can suggest

 

thanks. i'll re-check the instructions which came with the earpice/mic.

 

but....... at the same time wouldnt the ps3 pick up my mobile phone if i've turned on the bluetooth function?


np hope it helped. my phone has a visible option in the bluetooth settings, so i can have it on but others can't see it. i have to turn that setting off to connect it to the PS3 (i think, not try'd it yet lol)

 

thanks again. yeh i always have that setting on my phone to allow visability as i only ever use it now and then and turn bluetooth on when needed.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

02
/16

beezy2themax

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
beezy2themax
Accepted Solution

what buttons r u spposed to press cuz u said u know some buttons to press!!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

08
/16

Dannehkins

  • Offline
99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dannehkins
Accepted Solution
What make is it? Might narrow it down a little.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

05
/16

whereismax123

  • Offline
84%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
whereismax123
Accepted Solution
ps3 doesnt pick up mobile phones . it only picks up the stuff that it wants to talk to . stick the headset in pairing mode (commonly holding 1 or 2 buttons for 5-10 seconds) and the ps3 will pick it up with another search
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

Free Image Hosting


02
/16

Jonesy-ov-s5

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jonesy-ov-s5
Accepted Solution
i once bought a sony ericsson mobile phone bluetooth headset and i had to hold down the + & - volume buttons down for 5secs to pair it.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

------------
now own a 12GB Super Slim with a 500GB HDD upgrade.
02
/16

scholesi

  • Offline
25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
scholesi
Accepted Solution

yeah i'm having a similar problem, i cannot connect any headset to my ps3. I have two headsets, each a totally differant one and neither will pair, for each one i've put in pair mode and connected it to the ps3 via usb cables that came with the headset. however when i choose 'register a device' and start scanning the ps3 just scans continually. i know that both headsets are compatible with the ps3 because i have connected one headset to the ps3 before and my friend has the other one and his works perfectly. I have followed the instructions point for point with each headset and CANNOT get them to connect, i would really appreciate any advice anyone could give me, thanks. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

Beta Tester
08
/16

bcfc545

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bcfc545
Accepted Solution

i've just upgraded my PS3 to a 320gb slim and had to re-pair all my devices, if you give me a make model I may be able to help out.

 

the official headset you pair by connecting usb via the headset not the cradle,or the old style jabra 135 (warhawk) pairs by holding down the power button on headset

 

sometimes you maybe asked for a pairing code and normally the default for this 0000

 

bluray remote pairs by holding down the start and enter button on remote

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

02
/16

scholesi

  • Offline
25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
scholesi
Accepted Solution

thank you: I tried pairing the headset with out using the usb cable and it worked. thanks for your help, i appreciate it :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

02
/16

SoSeFiNa-1983

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SoSeFiNa-1983
Accepted Solution

yo im sorry but i jus want to kno did u ever get to fix the problem wit ur headset cause im havin da same trouble so if u did can u please let me kno how u got it to work...thanks

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: why isn't my ps3 picking up any bluetooth devices?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel