Playstation Staff

Re: Resident Evil 6 Corrupt Data Error

little bit of an update:

i deleted all saved data and now i cant even get into the game after the intro part.......hmmmmm..may just wait it out a few weeks or may have to get money back on this....too bad too...really like the RE series too...even tried Chris rather than Leon to see but nope....fun times peeps :'(
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33 (4,183 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I seem to be getting a different kind of issues then everyone else.

My game will freeze when it starts to auto-save (randomly)  first time it was 6 hours intot he game on leon chapter 1.  2nd time was 15 hours in during jake chapter 4.

Both times it froze while auto-saving and then forced me to restart the PS3.  Game Data was not corrupted, but the Save Data was.

Any idea if not getting the patch will fix this issues for me? Or am i really just having a different thing happen to me that could be the effects of a bad sector on my PS3 hardrive?

Though, this issue only occurs while playing RE6 - so i have a hard time believing my PS3 is messing up or failing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33 (4,183 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

been having the same on mutiple chapters just keep reloading deleting and playing again from nearest save point grr this is annoying, Is there any other way to stop it happening seems to happen at end of section before a cut sceen.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33 (4,178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I had same problem earlier! Was on leon, chapter 4.. just finished it after boss and when it was loading it said that error. so annoying, had to do it all again...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33 (4,147 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I'm having the same problem, caught in chapter 2 with LEON.

I played with Chris until chapter 5 normal, but deleted all the files and tried again and the same error occurred on LEON Chapter 2.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33 (4,040 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Hi guys,

I have passed on this issue for further investigation and will be providing updates in this thread

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33 (4,026 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i had this issue also. before you delete the game just go to your "game data utility folder " find re6 data and delete it. the patch itself is corrupted. DO NOT DELETE OR UNINSTALL THE GAME its uneccessary. the game will play from the last save point. Also until they fix the patch do not download the 1.01 version thats why the game crashes. happy gaming!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33 (4,006 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

just delete the game data utility file in the xmb bar not the game itself. do not download the patch when it prompts u too.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33 (4,006 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

UPDATE:

I deleted the game data....backedup saved data and deleted that too....loaded game to make sure was all gone....downloaded my saved data again from cloud and all set.....downloaded the patch too.....no problems now..i can start back at chapter 4 leon which is were i was :smileyvery-happy:

I have the disk version i bought from gamestop...just an fyi........HOPE THIS HELPS.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33 (3,979 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

delete the 1.01 patch its only for online gamers. do not delete or uninstall the game no need to the patch is the problem also turn off the network access so the game wont try to force u to install the patch. i completed the whole game no issue since i got rid of the patch. i guess i have to wait for a new patch for online play.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33 (3,963 Views)
0 Kudos