Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Which slim is better 120gb or 250gb

zxspeky wrote:
a few weeks ago my wife got gamestation to replace our faulty, out of warranty 60GB with a new console, they gave her a 250GB slim. There are two things that I've noticed (that are slightly annoying), 1, the disc drive makes a lot of mechanical noise when inserting/ ejecting a disc. 2, when the console is first turned on and after it's turned off it makes a cracking noise, the kind any plastic cased unit like a tv or dvd player might make when cooling down. But like I said, this happens when it's first switched on, so that's a bit worrying.
Otherwise though I'm pleased with it. Also the slim works with the anynet feature on my tv, which the 60GB didn't, but I'm not sure if that's something to do with the 3.0 update.
What exactly is the Anynet+ feature for? I've got it on my tv too, but it doesn't work.
Probably is something with the new PS3 (not slim) as I have a 60GB. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16 (1,350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

T-e-X wrote:
http://izismile.com/img/img2/20090212/gifko_02.gif

:smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent:

Raptr Forum Signature
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16 (1,343 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

curtis_mufc wrote:

zxspeky wrote:
a few weeks ago my wife got gamestation to replace our faulty, out of warranty 60GB with a new console, they gave her a 250GB slim. There are two things that I've noticed (that are slightly annoying), 1, the disc drive makes a lot of mechanical noise when inserting/ ejecting a disc. 2, when the console is first turned on and after it's turned off it makes a cracking noise, the kind any plastic cased unit like a tv or dvd player might make when cooling down. But like I said, this happens when it's first switched on, so that's a bit worrying.
Otherwise though I'm pleased with it. Also the slim works with the anynet feature on my tv, which the 60GB didn't, but I'm not sure if that's something to do with the 3.0 update.
What exactly is the Anynet+ feature for? I've got it on my tv too, but it doesn't work.

anynet+ just links your tv to other systems that use anynet+ and controls things like (in the case of the ps3) auto channel select (changes to the hdmi channel your ps3 is on, when you turn the console on) and if your ps3 is idle and you turn your tv off, or set the timer on your tv to go off at a specific time, it will switch your ps3 off too. I haven't found that it does anything else that I can remember.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16 (1,332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

zxspeky wrote:

curtis_mufc wrote:

zxspeky wrote:

anynet+ just links your tv to other systems that use anynet+ and controls things like (in the case of the ps3) auto channel select (changes to the hdmi channel your ps3 is on, when you turn the console on) and if your ps3 is idle and you turn your tv off, or set the timer on your tv to go off at a specific time, it will switch your ps3 off too. I haven't found that it does anything else that I can remember.

that's  just HDMI-CEC. Bravia Sync in Sony. SimpleLink in LG....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/143777/the_secret_feature_on_your_hdtv_hdmi_cec.html

Avoiding GAME/Gamestation.
Ripoff prices, poor value on trade ins and shoddy customer service.
Latest trade in comparison, Mario Kart Wii with Wheel:
GAME offered a measely £8
HMV offered a huge £25.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16 (1,315 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Chas19 wrote:

zainex78 wrote:

There's that chap T-e-X trolling around that the 250GB are superior... :/

idk if that's true or not but any slims are more reliable than a 60GB fatty right?

You mean, some guy from a website saying they are superior, and then Tex copied and pasted it ??? :smileyvery-happy:

***Only Joking TEX***

There is no difference between the 120gb and 250 gb slim. However  there is a big difference between the 60gb and the slim, which you can google yourself, and yes the slims are more reliable.

Not proven. The console only launched a month ago, to see whether its reliable or not, we have to wait a year or so.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16 (1,288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16 (1,275 Views)
0 Kudos