PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

23 Mar 2011
By: shankly1985 Member 2053 Posts
Level 4

PS3 Slim YLOD?

28 Replies 8860 Views Created 23-03-2011

So the slim has been out over a year I think now, How are these doing with the YLOD problem? Anyone on here had there slim YLOD? I have had mine for about one year and still working great.

Am just wondering is this problem gone away now, I have had two 60gb YLOD on me.

Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500
Steam-shankly1985 - Psn-shankly1985
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (8,860 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: PS3 Slim YLOD?

i have the 320 gb slim and still working so far :smileyhappy:

i think they have fixed most of them now, and even had an update that could fix ps3s that got it,

this is also my 2nd ps3,

1st one i got "launch day" broke few months ago, would not turn on, guess it was 2 old :smileytongue:,

but yeah, it seems ok now, you might get some that have it but there was some update that fixed it

320 GB Slim, 42" Panasonic 3D Full HD Plasma
Come join me and others in a community with almost 2000 people
MGL
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (8,851 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

I've played games just about every day on it since November 2009, I use it for watching iPlayer, DVD's and blu-rays - I've cained the ***** out of my PS slim...

....and its still working just fine - WIN

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (8,843 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Got a 120gb Slim back near its released, worked fine. Sold it to get the 320gb bundle. 320gb still going strong.
The YLOD problem has probably decreased with the Slims but, it most definitely hasn't gone away.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (8,791 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

shankly1985 wrote:

So the slim has been out over a year I think now, How are these doing with the YLOD problem? Anyone on here had there slim YLOD? I have had mine for about one year and still working great.

Am just wondering is this problem gone away now, I have had two 60gb YLOD on me.

The original 60GB model consumed about 200W, and thus generated a lot of heat that was the issue of YLOD (and RROD on the 360).

The slim consume about 80-100W depending on the model, and therefore generate a lot less heat so overheating issues aren't really the problem. The original PS2 model consumed about 100W too, and I never read about the PS2 overheating.

No, if you have a slim PS3 you should be more afraid of the blu-ray drive messing up, because the YLOD issue is non-existant.

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (8,726 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Had mine a year this May, going great so far.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (8,713 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

My release console died of an unknown death early 09, wasn't YLOD, just wouldn't load games and froze intermittently, Sony replaced, free of charge, out of warranty, brand new console. Still working since April time '09 :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (8,709 Views)
0 Kudos

i have had my PS3 60GB 4 years now and never not even once got the YLOD but the cooling fan is a bit loud so because my friend's TYgere21 and darkprime6 have the 320GB PS3 slim i thought i might get one for myself because not only has it got more memory it is as quiet as a pin drop on the floor
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (7,403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I have had my 250gb Slim since launch now due to my previous 3 PS3 60gb's had the YLOD. Mine is running well and the only scare I have had was yesterday when a message popped up saying something about my HDD is going to rebuilt, luckily nothing got erased but yeah, other than that it is running very well.

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (7,397 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

18 month mark and beyond for ylod im hoping its sorted but if you check youtube you can find ylod slim victims, my mate and nephews lasers failed on the slim, but i think its to early to say ylod problem sorted
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (7,384 Views)
0 Kudos