12 Aug 2011

Playstation Staff

PS3 Repair Costs

6 Replies 1,452 Views Created 12-08-2011

I think my PS3 console may need repaired as I am getting the Yellow Light Of Death. I would like to know the cost of repair and where are the official sony repair centres located, console has not been opened and warranty seal intact so how much would this cost? Also if I were to remove the warranty seal and open the console how much would the repair cost in comparison? The reason I ask this is becuase it may be a faulty power supply and if it costs the same to repair with or without the warranty seal I would much rather open the console and check if it is a faulty power supply myself before sending it away for repair.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (1,452 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Repair Costs

The last time i sent my PS3 out of warranty it cost me 125 quid and the occasion previous 140 quid,im guessing that figure may have dropped?and yes if your PS3 is out of warranty you can still attempt a fix yourself and still send it of to Sony for repair if your unsucsessfull without the warranty sticker,i have fixed my own Ps3 a couple of times(out of warranty)and failed and had to pay a couple of times,the choice is yours my friend.I would however advise not messing with it if you don,t know what your doing as i don,t think they would be able to help if you sent them a box of a partly dissasembled Ps3 parts.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (1,432 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

if u send it to sony they dont fix it the just charge u 130 quid and send u back a refurbed machine thats already broken and been fixed

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (1,404 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Becarful! I am seriously not happy with Playstation right now!!

I had a PS3 60gb for about 3 years no problem then the awful yellow light of death happend. I called Playstaton and was happy with the service then they asked for £145 and offered to upgrade me to 160gb. Wasnt overly happy about paying extra but ok what ever.

6 months... 6 MONTHs after is dies again.. I call and I am told they no longer do the 160gb model and will send me a 60gb model... so I paid over £100 for nothing!?!?!

Im waiting for a manager to call me back but I am soo dissapointed! I have been a sony girl for a long time but thinking of changing because of this.

Even with the hacking I stuck by them but now they are taking us for fools!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (1,384 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

^^Tell them you will send them the console for repair but will keep the HDD.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (1,363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

You need to speak to Sony again, the customer advisor was wrong.

By LAW when having a repair or exchange done, especially if you've paid for the service they have to offer a replacement of equal or BETTER value. They can't downgrade a person, that's unlawful

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (1,350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

foo is right they cant do that , they have to give like for like or better , get back onto them and tell them its not on downgrading u

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (1,348 Views)
0 Kudos