06 Mar 2011
By: MikeBravoTango Member 87 Posts
Level 1

PS3 Controllers from China

4 Replies 1,170 Views Created 06-03-2011

Saw this on a web site, 

Just wondering if these are the real deal or fakes. ????????

New DualShock 3 Wireless Bluetooth SIXAXIS Controller Red for V3.55 PS3 (3rd Party)

Availability: In stock

Regular Price: $25.99

Special Price: $22.99

Shipping Cost: Worldwide Freeshipping

Qty:Add to Cart

20100615021111309412_1.jpg

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (1,170 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: PS3 Controllers from China

What was the website?
The '3rd Party' hints at a cheap ***** Chinese knock off though.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Also the requirement for firmware version 3.55 is a little suspicious.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (1,161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Probably fakes, but as you give no link I couldn't say for sure.

TBO it's hard to tell the legitimate from the fakes now days, as the construction quality of new controllers seems pretty poor compared to the original Sixaxis that came with my Fat 60g BC PS3.

They could be 2nd's that didn't pass QC but got boxed up and are being sold off via the net, or made in some dodgy off shoot factory in China that is near where they manufacture the real ones, that sort of going stuff happens all the time over there.

Piracy is the price of business corporations have to end up paying for moving manufacturing to China.

The thing is that Sony can bring out a system update that will make any none Sony controller useless, it's happened before.

So if you were to buy one, and it does turn out to be a fake, it might work for a while then suddenly not work come next system update, that's the risk you take to save yourself a few bucks, is it worth it in the long run, personally I don't think so.

To be fair handed it's also released updates that have caused legitimate Sony controllers that came boxed with new slim PS3's to not work as well, it's happened to a mate down the road.

Makes you wonder  what's going on, either poor quality control, or some sort of dodgy product  substitution that Sony either hasn't  picked up on, or hasn't been able to control.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (1,155 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

3rd party = not official sony hardware.

The cheapest ps3 controller I know of is at ozgameshop. They are official and in about7 colours. Black, blue, red etc.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (997 Views)
0 Kudos