14 Nov 2010

Playstation Staff

How Do I Get Sky Sports 1 and 2 on Play TV !!!!!

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 2,470 Views edited 14-11-2010

i have play tv and all the channels work great apart from the sky sports which im guessing i have to pay for but i have found no way of purchasing them any where!!!! can anyone help ??????? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (2,470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: How Do I Get Sky Sports 1 and 2 on Play TV !!!!!

Unfortunately you cant at the moment you need to own a set-top box with a card slot like a top-up tv box or a freeview enabled tv with a cam/card slot.

I have seen a Play tv 2 box listed on play.com (no release date) whether that will have a card slot i dont know my guess would HD channels through an aerial.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (2,444 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You cant get sky sports on freeview device, to receive sky sports you have to become a sky customer and use their sky box 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (2,443 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

As the first reply says you are only able to get sky sports if you have a freeview box with a card slot. Unfortunately play TV doesn't have one. To the above, you can get sky sports on Virgin Media and a few other services you don't have to have sky!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (2,422 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

@ intel16 You can get Sky Sports 1 and 2 and ESPN on freeview like i said above you need a card slot i have a top-up tv box upstairs as a PVR but i dont subscribe with having Sky HD in the living room.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (2,400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

One thing I never understood is why an update isn't put through to enable these services on PlayTV.

The card does one thing, pass the code to decrypt the signal. No reason why that code cannot be linked to your PSN ID if you were to register that with Top-Up TV.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (2,267 Views)
0 Kudos