Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Defence Secretary in call to ban 'tasteless' new MOH

gta1 wrote:

FlunkYou2 wrote:

gta1 wrote:

FlunkYou2 wrote:

this is my opinion..... i don't like the way you HAVE to play as the taliban to complete the game.... i think EA should include a option to allow or disallow like MW2......

I have friends in Afganastan and they would HATE the fact i was playing as the taliban  having to kill the US/UK forces!

Where did it say this?

You play as the either the Taliban or Coalition Forces online as obviously it's two teams like any other game.

CoD has terrorists too albeit not real ones but terrorists nonetheless based on real-life.

This fight is for real and happening as we sleep..... in mw2 its fiction

I never doubted that as my last line in my original post implies.

And that sums it up - there will always be an infinite gap between the virtual world and the real world. Its the same reaction that people had to RPG's in the days of Dungeons and Dragons - assuming that they were all delusional recluses, detached from the real world.
It is controversial - but the Taliban itself is controversial. They are certainly over-hyped, just like any other terrorists, they rely on terror to make themselves appear to be more than they are. Certainly cowards (using women and children and civilians as shields, rather than facing their enemies head on) - we should be concentrating as a society in shunning them, only reporting on them when they are actually killed and aside from that giving them as little notoriety as possible. And all of that rubbish about religion - not one of them truly believes in anything at all - its all false - even when they are 'praying' its lies and falseness - they only care about one thing - themselves.....
In that respect the game should have used a different enemy (perhaps North Koreans?!!) or something like that....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 146 (730 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

if people want to join the armed forces and take part in a stupid war and kill and be killed, i think they are the idiots and deserve to be killed. if you are prepared to take a life, you dont deserve one.

i dont shed a tear for any soldiers that die regardless of which side they are on.

i feel sorry for the poor civilians in these war torn countries that the soldiers from both sides kill (allied soldiers included)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 146 (704 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I don't really have a strong opinion on the rights & wrongs of this.

What is almost certain is the game would have been just as good (or bad) if they had used an entirely fictional conflict & even fictional combatants.  EA have simply done this to create exactly this type of outrage & headlines.

Well done to the media etc...... number 1 best seller I reckon!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 146 (694 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

"I would urge retailers to show their support for our armed forces and ban this tasteless product."

The same armed forces that helped with the development of the game?

Muppet.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 146 (692 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Fankoo Daily Mail!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 146 (684 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

its shame MPs aint this vocal when it comes to the problems people want sorting out in this country

http://www.facebook.com/people/Stacey-Iroquois-Plissken/509214378
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 146 (676 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

eff1nutta wrote:
if people want to join the armed forces and take part in a stupid war and kill and be killed, i think they are the idiots and deserve to be killed. if you are prepared to take a life, you dont deserve one.

i dont shed a tear for any soldiers that die regardless of which side they are on.

i feel sorry for the poor civilians in these war torn countries that the soldiers from both sides kill (allied soldiers included)

So the people to join our army to protect us should just go and die? You realise that if people had not done that the words i am typing would be in German now?

Idiot

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 146 (669 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

IInteresting. I wonder how germany have reacted to the previous MOH or COD titles , or how about them pesky reds hey, i mean they are the bad guys in everything! ok so i know this is current and based on real things, but its a typical case of the media jumping on the bandwagon, for content which most peopel won;t even access anyway as not everyone plays multiplayer, at the end of the day if you are going to be offended by it then don;t buy it!, as for the families of the soldiers killed, yes i feel sorry for them, but they were not likeley to buy a war relaed game anyway where they and if it wasn;t for the daily mail and its righteous bull***t act (face it people the Beano has more merit) they weren;t likeley to have know anything about the content in the game anyway, yet it appears to be ok to show images of war and destuction on news evry night and in the very papers condoning this, btu a fictional compueriterised conctruct? the media is the issue here, not the game itself.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 146 (666 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Our forces should never have gone there or Iraq. Neither nation has ever invaded our borders or even threatened to. It's just the new world order creating an everlasting "war on terror", which can never be proven to be won.

Perhaps the Defence Secretary finds it more beneficial to find fault with a game rather than address the fact that good people from our nation are dying on a daily basis for no reason whatsoever (apart from oil pipelines of course).

rant over (sorry)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 146 (658 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

OK i for one wont be buying it...... but i think its a case of people thinking the game is praising and giving the taliban more publicity then they would like them to have.

I don't thing games should be based on a war that's on going so controversial..... Look at the other shooters, they are fiction or based on one a long time ago were time has healed most wounds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eff1nutta wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think you sir need to get a life and understand that all allied soldiers over there DONT want to be there, but HAVE TO! Half of all the soldiers over there signed up before the war began so had no clue what was going to happen!

This is to all! DONT POST YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE WAR JUST THE GAME! as this post will no doubt get closed
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 146 (653 Views)
0 Kudos