14 Nov 2011
Playstation Staff

BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

21 Replies 755 Views Created 14-11-2011
We heard it for months, read it all the magazines etc, Battlefield 3 will topple Modern Warfare, their graphics engine is dated etc & blah blah blah! I'm just talking about the campaigns as I've got internet problems at the moment but BF3 is not a good campaign! Its not bad, its not Homefront or anything & a couple of levels were really good but it just wasn't that exciting. I'd go as far to say that I preferred BFBC2s campaign more! Graphics were good as well as sound. Now on to MW3, after playing the opening level it was obvious that it was seriously intense, really enjoyable, graphics & sound were ace & nothing in BF3s campaign was as good as this! I'm no fan boy of either game, I loved BFBC2 over MW2 any day but loved COD4 the best! No doubt I'll really enjoy both new games multiplayer modes equally but I'm getting sick of this hype for the big game face offs! EA you have also got to get a decent story! I know some people just live for multiplayer but I wouldn't buy Uncharted 4 without single player!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (755 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

both games were hyped and both suffer with their own annoying online problems, unfortunately neither of the games have performed as players expected them too and no doubt purchasers are waiting patiently for the developers to patch and fix their games, both are purchased like you say for mainly online play and it would have been good for either of the developers to deliver non problematic online gameplay, i just guess we sit back and wait for the fixes and hopefully they will eventually deliver
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (722 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Both [and almost every single FPS released now] of them single player campaigns are a waste of time and shouldn't even be there, they should just concentrate on multiplayer rather than making 3 hours of linear corridor shooting broken up by the occasional linear turret section.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (708 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The campaign in MW3 is better than the campaign in BF3 but most people purchase COD games for the MP and this time around the MP is the worst I've ever seen it just reminds me of Haze,on the other hand the MP in BF3 is so far ahead of the MP in MW3 it's shocking.

So in my view DICE and EA have indeed toppled the COD franchise from their pearch you haven't seen DICE or EA asking people to go to sites and up the rating score for BF3 MP reason being it's good it's very good .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (657 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I havent got MW3 (and I wont get it after all the cheating on MW2) but all I know is that when MW3 got released, loads of people were playing it on the Tuesday and Wednesday night, however those people have seemed to move onot other games (Skyrim mostly)

I dont remember that happening with MW2, that game was played by the majority of my friends for weeks on end.

Personally form what I've played of BF3, the single player is average at best, pretty too look at but very little substance.  The multiplayer though is another story, the maps are HUGE with scope for squads of players to act as a team.  Last night I was in a squad with three of my mates all playing different roles and all playing to their roles strenghts.  Our sniper was spotting targets, our engineer was acting as anti air, our medic was healing and reviving and I acted as artillery with the mortar.  We held two respawn spots by ourselves and won the match easilly.

That is something you just dont get in modern warfare games, or for that matter CoD games in general.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (627 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Yeah, people on my friends list seem to play MW3 for a couple of hours and move on to another game for the next 2 days, games like GT5, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and DCUO. I liked the BF3 campaign but the multiplayer is even better and people on my friends list have MW3 but they play BF3 a lot more....MW3 is good for the singleplayer but multiplayer, not so much, I have MW2 and Black Ops to play multiplayer lol.

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (590 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (581 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I got a copy of mw3 but put it on ebay 2 days later same old ####.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Im really enjoying both games.

I havent completed BF3 yet but the MW3 campaign is excellent, the best one for a Call of Duty yet IMO.

When it comes to the online I probably do enjoy BF3 more than MW3 but to be honest I think they both rock.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (559 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

T-e-X wrote:
Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5

How is that silly?

"Comparing FPS to FPS is just as silly as comparing Racing Simulator to Racing Simulator"

And why are you using hashtags on forums? This isn't twitter.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (524 Views)
0 Kudos