Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Anyone got a spare 8 quid?

It is getting annoying. And, i think its the same person(s) doing it, as each account is its first post, so its not even they are regulars who genuinely have misplaced their codes, but someone just trying to get whatever they can from the good natured PlayStation-ers on here. If i have spare codes for a game i dont plan on using online for, for whatever reason, i dont mind giving them away, but its like 3 or 4 requests, multiple threads for each, over the last few days...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It means that the devs get more money from people like me who frankly can afford to buy new.
The problem is I would probably not be as into gaming as I am were it not for the preowned market because I could not have played as many games as a kid (my mum refused to pay £40 for a new game 15-20 years ago) or as a student.

It's the way it is now, you buy new, pay or the pass or miss out on stuff. If I was still a poor student I'd wait or accept what I miss out on.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14 (150 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

michelle_tabor wrote:
It means that the devs get more money from people like me who frankly can afford to buy new.
The problem is I would probably not be as into gaming as I am were it not for the preowned market because I could not have played as many games as a kid (my mum refused to pay £40 for a new game 15-20 years ago) or as a student.

It's the way it is now, you buy new, pay or the pass or miss out on stuff. If I was still a poor student I'd wait or accept what I miss out on.

Im a student, and i do exactly that - buy pre-owned, and make do! Thats how i got back onto the PS3, long story how i ended up with no games, but i bought all of them pre-owned from Game/Gamestation just before they went into trouble, just as the prices were at their lowest, e.g. FIFA11 for £1. I then attempted all the online passes, etc. just incase they hadnt been used, and to my luck, most of them were unused. The only 1 that had been used was FIFA11, so i werent too fussed about that. If i buy pre-owned, i understand that the code may be used, and if i wish to play online, it will cost me another £8 ontop, so i weigh up the options prior to going pre-owned... pre-owned price + £8, or brand new?

Heck, i dont even mind regular forum members asking for the odd code, we all sometimes misplace something, or buy pre-owned and realise we want to play online, but ask on here just incase someone has a spare code, but what annoys me is the fact that all the code requests the past few days have been from (potentially the same) accounts created on said day with the request being the very first post, and some requesting game sharing of the passes... its just frustrating lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14 (139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Its worth a try though is it not?. There's plenty of people who have no intention of playing online so the code is unused.

Its the way people beg for codes that I don't like, like they expect/demand someone to give them one and they aren't prepared to buy one.

I'd make a polite thread asking if anyone has a spare code, but but I wouldn't be bothered if I had to buy one. Saying that I rarely buy second hand games anyway and if its multiplayer focused then its most likely just as cheap to pick it up new if its an older game :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Kudos