01 Jun 2012
By: TalllPaul Beta Tester 8,788 Posts
Level 10

YouTube, it's here...nearly

14 Replies 432 Views Created 01-06-2012

Hi everyone! PS Vita was developed with the idea of creating and delivering compelling content for gamers. With the recent announcements of applications such as nico nicoTreasure Park, Wake-up Club, and Skype, we’re continuing to build out PS Vita’s portfolio of applications. Today, we’re very excited to announce the latest application addition to PS Vita – YouTube!

Coming at the end of June, YouTube will be available as a free downloadable application for PS Vita via the PS Vita Store. With the YouTube application on PS Vita, you can watch millions of YouTube videos on the stunning 5” OLED screen, from comedy to gaming tips to today’s viral trends. The YouTube application features many of the functions you’re already familiar with – you can easily search for videos, choose favorites and make comments, and your personal YouTube account is available right on your PS Vita.

US Playstation Blog

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (432 Views)
Level 5

Re: YouTube, it's here...nearly

yes but i bet this will be like netfliix out in the us but take forever to come out in the uk

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (429 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

good news just read on the uk blog that its coming this month for uk as well

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (425 Views)
Level 7

Wicked !
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (407 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I just hope it lets you play the 720p versions of stuff because everything uploaded lately seems to be very blocky.  I think YouTube have screwed up the video encoding.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Its about time as well :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

what so special about youtube? bah get netflix and lovefilm on it instead. (though I do have netflix but it is not official for europe)

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

yeah i get the same on my pc and netbook

if i go to 720 or higher the videos are chopper and dont play proper

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Nope, its bad news... horrible news.

This means HTML5 will not be on the vita and http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/01/youtube-coming-to-ps-vita-soon/

You can see many countries are excluded, such as mine.
I lol at this 250€ device that cannot even load a stupid video while my 100€ symbian phone can.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (269 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Yeah, cos of course comparing a phone with a portable gaming console is perfectly logical.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (264 Views)