Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Why vita will fail (not trolling just opinion)

well said crusty!

anyone who thinks gaming on a smartphone is in anyway close to the vita is deranged.

smartphones to gaming is like the Wii, no substance IMO (not trolling just fact)!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 100 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

jfontyman wrote:

EdwCarnby wrote:
Yep dude, it's no NGAGE. And a good thing, too!
But at the same time, a question tends to be brought up - with the smartphone market going at full throttle is there room for the Vita? Guess we will find out soon enough. I hope so :Thumbs:

The market has changed because of the smarthphones and smart tv's, let's take for example .....Everybody's Golf for Vita £27 or Let's Golf for £0.

Why would the average person pay £15-£35 when they can get something for £0-£5, for the experience?

easy everybody's golf is a great game but lets golf is crap.

Vita is primerraly a games console smartphones are not.

Give me a dedicated gaming devivce over a smartphone anyday.

Vita is for gamers not everyday people

I'm just pointing out that the market has changed, the Vita is good, but the market has changed.

And my example of using Let's Golf is just that an an example, I didn't say they were equal, but Everybody's golf isn't £27 better I'm afraid, please don't hold the golf game as the holy grail, it was the first thing that sprang to mind.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 100 (310 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah but what everyone commenting here is failing to relise that for a proper gaming experience YOU CAN BUY A HOME GAME CONSOLE for the 30 mins or so you may spending communing or your lunch break at work a casual IOS game is fine for a quick gaming fix so what market is Sony actually going for? people that cant afford tv's??? there just isnt a market there hasn't the Japanese sales figures (where portables are usually king) enough of an indication for people.

'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 100 (292 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

........also it costs more than a PS3

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 100 (304 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Also smart phones are evolving at an amazing rate how long before it starts producing vita quality games? 1 or 2 years ,max. Sony are mad if they think they will get a 5 year lifecycle out of it
'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 100 (287 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I got mine from Amazon some days ago for £265. 3G + 4GB + Game. I thought it was a bargain :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 100 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

bobchickenkfc wrote:

Yeah but what everyone commenting here is failing to relise that for a proper gaming experience YOU CAN BUY A HOME GAME CONSOLE for the 30 mins or so you may spending communing or your lunch break at work a casual IOS game is fine for a quick gaming fix so what market is Sony actually going for? people that cant afford tv's??? there just isnt a market there hasn't the Japanese sales figures (where portables are usually king) enough of an indication for people.

But people want it on the go, you may not but their are people out their that do.

A casuall IOS game may be fine for you but others want more like me.

Sony is going for the handheld gaming market the same as the Nintendo 3DS nothing to do with no TV's!

Peopel spen a big amount of time traveling and the Vita is Ideal for that.

Sales always drop after launch it is a fact, but they always pick up in arround 8 to 12 months as it has more to offer.

The Vita may not be for you but pleanty of people it fits perfectly for.

Yes the Vita cost's more than the Ps3 just as the 3DS orginly cost more than the Wii and the PSP originaly cost more than the Ps2.

It's new hardware that is how it goes the price will drop soon enough but the Ps3 tech is over 5 years old so it has had time to reduce in price due to parts becoming cheaper to make.

If Sales drop more than sony hope they will have to drop the price but right now it doing ok and better than the 3DS did after launch.

As for the market changing yes that may be so but both Sony and Nintendo have addapted to this for their dedicated games consoles.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 100 (283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

bobchickenkfc schreef:
Also smart phones are evolving at an amazing rate how long before it starts producing vita quality games? 1 or 2 years ,max. Sony are mad if they think they will get a 5 year lifecycle out of it

No way will we see a smart phone game as good as Uncharted: Golden Abyss within two years. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 100 (280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

At the end of the day opinions are like backsides.

Everybody has one and other clain it to be full of crap.

As long as people are happy what's it matter I am happy I kept mine you are happy you sold yours.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 100 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

steven_dutch wrote:

bobchickenkfc schreef:

No way will we see a smart phone game as good as Uncharted: Golden Abyss within two years. 

Even if they are smartphones are getting smaller, give me a bigger screen to play on lol

Below is a Signature

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 100 (276 Views)
0 Kudos