26 Mar 2012
By: rmcfourpointzero

2 Posts
Accepted Solution

PS Vita master/sub account age restriction issues

12 Replies 10,637 Views Created 26-03-2012

Hi,

Recently purchased Escape Plan for my 11 year old.   Tried to redeem the code via his Vita but kept getting a message spouting on about age restrictions.  I removed all the controls on the Vita while I tried to download but the issue seems to be with the account.  I accessed the store via my PS3 and redeemed the codes to my master account only to find it will not transfer due to the linking of the Vita to my sons sub account.  I don't want the Vita linked to my account and bedsides, would I not have a reverse isuue with the downloads already on it?I now have a game download sat in my PS3 which I cannot use or move.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (10,637 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: PS Vita master/sub account age restriction issues

When you made your son's account did you put is true date of birth? if so you wont be able to play any games with age restrictions. My son is 15 and pretty much mature for is age so i put him downs as 18 plus i can moniter what hes upto aswell.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (10,631 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

The who sub account set up is nothing but terrible.

It not done right at all it is a hal;f arsed job but TBH to many parents do not care or have the time so it is better then nothing.

If you manitor you child nothing wrong in a full account with your own DOB as many games are rated wrong anyway IMHO.

As for your game you have redeemd their is nothing you can do about it I am afraid unless the Vita allows multiple account sign ins.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (10,629 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

rmcfourpointzero wrote:

Hi,

Recently purchased Escape Plan for my 11 year old.   Tried to redeem the code via his Vita but kept getting a message spouting on about age restrictions.  I removed all the controls on the Vita while I tried to download but the issue seems to be with the account.  I accessed the store via my PS3 and redeemed the codes to my master account only to find it will not transfer due to the linking of the Vita to my sons sub account.  I don't want the Vita linked to my account and bedsides, would I not have a reverse isuue with the downloads already on it?I now have a game download sat in my PS3 which I cannot use or move.  Any suggestions?

It's a PEGI 12 game - your sub account age is too low so Sony will not allow that account to download and use it.

No probs there - everything working as intended. 

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (10,617 Views)
0 Kudos

Was resigned to the fact that I may have been the cause of my own downfall!  I guess it's the price of honesty and the assumption that Sony would trust a parent to make an educated decision.  If you can put in fake age settings when setting up a sub then what is the point of placing restrictions on those that have not.  Good on you those that did and I will be a bit smarter next time!  It can sit on the system for his 12th b/day.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (10,606 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

rmcfourpointzero wrote:

Was resigned to the fact that I may have been the cause of my own downfall!  I guess it's the price of honesty and the assumption that Sony would trust a parent to make an educated decision.  If you can put in fake age settings when setting up a sub then what is the point of placing restrictions on those that have not.  Good on you those that did and I will be a bit smarter next time!  It can sit on the system for his 12th b/day.

Well I believe UK law would cover this so Sony cannot knowingly retail games to people evidently below the PEGI age for the game. Also remember that age extends to more than just games - there are adult videos available to those with suitable accounts along with music and other content that may be age inappropriate.

Yes you can lie about the age but then, Sony could lock the account if they chose to do so (although I imagine that is unlikely).

Really Sony simply have to cover their side of things - if you choose to misrepresent the truth then Sony are off the hook at least and can't be held liable for a child playing some violent/adult PSN game or watching some adult movie. 

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (10,598 Views)
0 Kudos

how can i fix tht
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (9,489 Views)
0 Kudos

Dam
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (7,600 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi, can i ammend my sons sub account to reflect a date of birth that is older than he is. he cant even play head to head with his brother on fifa 13 because of age restrictions...ridiculous!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (6,437 Views)
0 Kudos

Same here i bought 2 Vitas as Christmas presents for my 11 year old and 13 year old both with need for speed DLC and due to the sub accounts, although the game rating is 7, They cannot even play against each other. The near function does not work due to age restriction nor multiplayer. The first sony product i bought. setting up the sub accounts prior to Christmas i thought great i can give them games and control what they use them for. FAIL there is no parental control just SONY control.... So far just a expensive brick
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (6,386 Views)
0 Kudos