08 Jun 2012
By: Fridida Member 15 Posts
Level 1

Netflix App UK

30 Replies 7,612 Views Created 08-06-2012

What happened to the netflix app for the UK? how long has the US had it now? Could someone please tell me, is it Sony or Netflix that is holding this up? ONE of the main reasons i wanted a Vita is so i could have my handheld gaming device and netflix on the go on the same machine........so far i feel that the users of sony products aren't regarded as highly as Sony has made out in the last few days because i feel that  since i've paid my money for the vita all i've done is wait and wait and wait and wait for things to start happening. I'll hold out 1 more month and if I feel i am still 'waiting' then it's off to the shop to be resold.......might get a psp again.....now that brought endless hours of fun!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31 (7,612 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Netflix App UK

Personally I've been watching Netflix on Vita for the past 2 months.... If you can't be bothered to spend 5 mins to do that, I recommend you sell that Vita today, since you'll never have the patience to wait for the Euro version.

Rotor.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31 (7,607 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

US got a it about a week after release.

Still waiting on Netflix submitting the App to SCEE to process.

Make it hard for App makers having to submit to different parts of Sony the Same App

Needs to be more like Microsoft and universal

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31 (7,603 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

@Rotorhed

5 mins to do what?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31 (7,594 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Fridida wrote:

@Rotorhed

5 mins to do what?

to get the USA app on a UK account.

Check You tube

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31 (7,590 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I see. nice. I'll give that a go. :smileyhappy: A month ago i would have struck anyone down and become more powerful than they could possibly imagine for slating the Vita but now i feel like i'm turning to the dark side with it all :smileyhappy:

Cheers for the help you guys

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31 (7,587 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Took 10 mins to install for me, works fine no issues.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31 (7,530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The US version of netflix works with a UK account then does it? I assumed that the one from the US store would only work with US accounts.

It's stupid that they can't just port that version over here then if it's technically identical. I assume that's what they'll do, but it should be on there by now.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31 (7,495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

ChronoJoe wrote:
The US version of netflix works with a UK account then does it? I assumed that the one from the US store would only work with US accounts.

It's stupid that they can't just port that version over here then if it's technically identical. I assume that's what they'll do, but it should be on there by now.
Apparently so. I've not tried it myself but a number of people here and on other forums have confirmed it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31 (7,493 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

You can even install updates when running your own UK account!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31 (7,488 Views)
0 Kudos