22 Feb 2012
By Kyote_R
Playstation Staff

Error c2-12828-1 during play

73 Replies 8,754 Views Created 22-02-2012

I actually got this error (c2-12828-1) while setting a new record in lumines... I was then unable to continue playing and lost my score.

errors are bad in general but in the middle of a game!? sure hope this was a 1 off anomaly. I'll upload the screen i took of it later.

Has anyone else had any ingame interruptions?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 74 (8,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Error c2-12828-1 during play

I'm getting this same error with Wipeout after the update (I can't even boot anymore). I think I'm going to take it back and swap it; it might be the cartrage that's at fault. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 74 (8,745 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I just got the same error in wipeout. I started recieving this error after I activated my online pass. I have been unable to start wipeout for the last half an hour. I even tried deleting the whole wipeout data, but it didnt help. 

edit: just turned off wifi, and got Wipeout working, but if I turn it on then it stops working again and I get the same error... So its fair to say that in Wipeout case its releated to online play, I am just hoping that nothing is wrong with my copy of the game!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 74 (8,727 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I hope its a problem with the firmware rather than each indiviual game so that 1 almighty FW update will fix the problem instead of every single game having to be updated 1 by 1.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 74 (8,705 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've just had the same thing with Wipeout, updated and with network pass. Works fine with wifi turned off.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 74 (8,669 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hey guys I had this problem myself with wipeout but managed to fix it. Delete the game data then reinstall the game either by download or put the card back in, once it has installed open up the game once at the main menu completely close the game down and install your online pass, once the online pass has downloaded start wipeout up again till you get to the main menu, you should now see online play is selectable now, completely close the game down again and then re-open and install the v1.1 update.

Hopefully it should work for you now as that's how I got mine to work again after experiencing the same error as you guys
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 74 (8,651 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
That's got it working, thanks Martyness

Edit. No it hasn't, just turned it on again to play and the error is back :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 74 (8,613 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey the exact same thing happened to me, i ican play it when the wifi is of then when i turn the wifi on it doesnt work again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 74 (8,577 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same here. I downloaded Wipeout 2048 with no problem. I then downloaded the update and I get "An error has occurred in the following application. (C2-12828-1). Don't these developers actually test their software??

This is BAD for the VITA release day :-(

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 74 (8,508 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yeah, i'm getting the same error as well. Tried everything and the only thing that works is playing offline.

The game locks up if you try to connect with it at all.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 74 (8,460 Views)
0 Kudos