17 Jun 2012

Playstation Staff

Can someone convince me to get a PS Vita?

10 Replies 767 Views Created 17-06-2012

So I literally came up with the idea half hour ago that I kinda want a PS Vita, and as I'm doing real well financially at the moment i'm really close to buying one, especially with the lack of new games on ps3 right now.

What I really need help with though is the choice in games. Obviously I will be buying Uncharted, but are then any other games out so far that you really should own if you have a Vita? And are there any upcoming releases to really look forward to?

Also I'm in the UK, not sure if there's more games elswhere but here most of them are just games I've already owned on ps3. But then again I don't really expect there to be that many games as it's still pretty new. 

Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (767 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Can someone convince me to get a PS Vita?

if you need convincing then it's not for you.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (753 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

As JockStrap said if you need us to convince you then its not for you. Have a look at some youtube video's of the Vita features and games and see if they take your fancy if you like what you see get one if you don't then don't.

Anyhow I will say if you do get a Vita Resistance Burning Sky is really good.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (747 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Just got my psp vita today all I can say is after a good few hours of play am really enjoying it. Just purchased motorstorm rc and it's one of the most fun games i have played takes me back to when gaming was fun, yet to play everybodys golf  but really looking forward to that as well.

The handheld is fully featured with some great apps and loving near as well which helps locate local players to game with. Only gripe i have is I have the 3g version and have had a few problems regestering but have phoned vodafone who say there website is having problems and try in 24 hours. Other than that a absolute great bit of kit with a lot of games to choose from to say it has just been released.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (737 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Haunted_Inferno wrote:

So I literally came up with the idea half hour ago that I kinda want a PS Vita, and as I'm doing real well financially at the moment i'm really close to buying one, especially with the lack of new games on ps3 right now.

What I really need help with though is the choice in games. Obviously I will be buying Uncharted, but are then any other games out so far that you really should own if you have a Vita? And are there any upcoming releases to really look forward to?

Also I'm in the UK, not sure if there's more games elswhere but here most of them are just games I've already owned on ps3. But then again I don't really expect there to be that many games as it's still pretty new. 

Thanks! 

Haven't you heard? Vita has no games.... The reasoning is that given the infinite size of the Universe, for Vita to have a lot of games, there would have to be an infinite number of them in order for you to come across one. Since the supposed number of Vita games is known to be < infinity, the chances of seeing one are infinitely small and any Vita games you might see in the Universe are clearly a figment of your imagination.

Oh and play your games on a mobile phone, they're cheaper or something.

If you're still reading, then maybe a Vita is for you! In which case must gets are :

Everybody Golf - cheap as chips over psn now

Virtua Tennis - better playing than the console version and £16 on shopto now, plus some of the best graphics on Vita.

Wipeout - well, it's wipeout. Plus expansion is coming

Gravity Rush - only get it after you've finished Uncharted, otherwise you won't bother with Uncharted!

Star Dust - arcade twin stick shooter also now cheap as ships (sic)

Hustle Kings - if you've got the PS3 version, you already own this for Vita too

Honourable mentions to Ninja Gaiden but probabaly not urgent if you played it already, Rayman likewise, Unit 13 for storyless TPS.

Oh and don't forget a ton of PSP games to try, particularly with shooters that you can map to the twin sticks.

Oh and then there's MGS HD which supports cross play with PS3 in a week or so, Sound shapes and Jet Set radio coming soon.

That's a lot, but you didn't say what kind of games you like so I suggest you buy all these and then come back and moan about how expensive they were, that Vita has no games and how mobile phones are so much better. It's a kind of tradition now!

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (724 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I was very much the same as the OP a week and a bit ago. Suddenly got the urge and it didn't go away, especially as there's only 2 3DS titles I liked enough to buy of the 15+ I played. Not only that, I had £75 on a gamestation card, so I thought 'what the heck'.

If you not sure of what game to buy with, do what I did, buy the console only and download all the demos. I've got the list of retails games with demos as:

Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
FIFA Football
Gravity Rush
Little Deviants
Lumines
ModnNation
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Shinobido
Touch My Katamari
Uncharted
Unit 13
Wipeout 2048

Plus there's a few of the download games with demos.

I would highly recommend playing the demo of Uncharted before buying the game. It's had some mixed reviews, and I personally didn't like it enough to see the demo to the end. Resistance is also a very average game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (706 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I am also in the same boat. I want one but reading these boards you can't help but notice all the negativity. I'm not sure if its just a vocal minority that aren't happy or if there's genuine reason for concern.

I don't burn through games too quick and I see the vita more of a score chasing machine as I think mobile gaming suits that sort of gameplay better.

gravity rush, stardust and the upcoming Zen pinball 2 (that is coming for vita right?) is more than enough to keep me entertained for a few months.

its just the thought of paying £250 for something with so much negativity that's holding me back.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (652 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (649 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
@ohmsford

I am very much enjoying my vita. It has some great software right now.

The is a lot of whining on here from people who did not do their research and are moaning because they cannot play the games they want to. Frankly they sound like a bunch of impatient spoilt brats with first world problems.

If the vita has games that appeal. Then get one.

It has for me.

pmf (in the real world)
 photo pmfbik-2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (624 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ohmsford wrote:

its just the thought of paying £250 for something with so much negativity that's holding me back.

Well one can't make that choice for you, but back when £250 was announced by Sony, there was a general feeling that it was a very good price. Also, I think you can get a deal now where that £250 includes a decent size mem. card and a game or two now - back around launch that was looking like the price of the Vita alone.

As for negativity - well as of now, Vita has sold probabaly 1.75 to 2 million units - that's enough to get continuing investment from game developers and for Sony to keep it on the shelves. From a consumer perspective that's the only rational consideration to have when deciding whether to purchase or not.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (623 Views)
0 Kudos