24 Apr 2012
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

How to find your Konami ID/re-set password

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 1,358 Views edited 24-04-2012

I've decided to create this topic here to help people since I'm sure nobody can remember their Konami ID details.

Since the expansion packs become free today I'm sure lots of people are going to have problems "unlocking" this content because of the convoluted method to buying content for MGO. Basically you need to know your Konami ID and Konami ID password (alphanumerical), which are completely seperate to your game log-in details.

You need access to the email address you used for registering a Konami ID.

• To find out what your Konami ID is you can use this link to send a reminder to your email address, this should also be in an email from your history when you first registered your Konami ID (assuming you haven't deleted it).

• To re-set your Konami ID password, you need to follow this link and follow the instructions in the email you are sent. You will then be asked to fill out your DOB or answer your security question before you are allowed to re-set your password. (DOB may be a problem for those that lied due to being underage at the time)

Once you know both of those you will be able to redeem your free downloads of the 3 expansion packs and 2 codec packs from this website. When you next boot up MGO you will find that the content is now unlocked for your account.

Note. I have stupidly overlooked this, but you can use this website to view and change your gamer IDs password as well.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (1,358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: How to find your Konami ID/re-set password

I'm posting this now in case people are unable to unlock the soon to be free DLC.

As of this time the MGO Online Shop is down for maintenance and there is no ETA for when it will be working again.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (1,356 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

correct its down for mentainance

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (1,152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

The servers have actually been closed down for good.

They were switched off on the 12th June.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (1,149 Views)
0 Kudos