03 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff

Fire Does not work anymore?

7 Replies 186 Views Created 03-04-2012

Ok, did this last patch break something else?

I am working on a competition level, and I need to have something light on fire, at a specific time.

I use the Danger Tweaker, and set it to fire... I get the sound effects, but no visuals.

So I try setting it on fire the old fasioned way, again, sounds but no visuals.

Things that I have on fire before this last patch work fine, just nothing new.

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Betreff: Fire Does not work anymore?

Try to restart LBP. This sometimes happens if you painted before something with Move. Then also jetpack special effects and lights doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Fire Does not work anymore?

Glass in front of it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

That happened to me before. I couldn't see it but my friends could and the effects of landing on it was the same. Restarting the PS3 fixes it but it might happen again.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
Message 4 of 8 (166 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ugg.

Mm I love you guys, but seriously, "Y U RELEASE PATCH THAT BREAK THINGS?"

Every patch, something new breakes.

Atelast I know it isn't just me.

And just to answer the other questions, No visable Move paintings in level, 3 layer Holographic material, no glass in level... yet...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MM sits back and smokes pot all day.. hell the only good thing about lbp is the creation... as a video game its mehhh....  but the fact that we build things makes it so great but MM hasent even fixed the move packs paint problemb .. IMO i should get a refund........ 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (141 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

SpikeStarkey schrieb:

ugg.

And just to answer the other questions, No visable Move paintings in level, 3 layer Holographic material, no glass in level... yet...

I think you don't know hard it is to programm things. I'm a hobby programmer and always if I try to fix a problem, there is at least one more problem. I beseech you all, please accept their work!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (132 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Giftfrosch wrote:

SpikeStarkey schrieb:

ugg.

I think you don't know hard it is to programm things. I'm a hobby programmer and always if I try to fix a problem, there is at least one more problem. I beseech you all, please accept their work!

Me thinks you don't know what I know.

I'm just saying, ALL of the patches in LBP1 worked fine. LBP2 always seems to have issues.

I respect people who program/code. I myself am a Character Rigger, which entitles me to learn MelScripting{maya specific programing}. I refuse to do so and do the work myself with the in-program tools.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (124 Views)
0 Kudos