24 Apr 2008
Playstation Staff

GT5 car setup

33 Replies 16,280 Views Created 24-04-2008

I'm in class A and had to buy a car for that American Muscle car race, really hate those cars, lol. I brought the Ford GT thing but it's a right pain to drive, I'm skidding off the track going down straights, lol.

Anyone got any tips how to set this car up in the driver options. I have tried taking traction off and on full but I'm getting nowhere fast. Thanks for any help. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 34 (16,280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GT5 car setup

i used the dodge viper traction control on 5 or 4 everything else off auto
You can't save time only spend it.
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34 (16,248 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The Ford GT has a high tendancy to spin due to the wheels skidding with full acceleration applied. All you need to do is enabled ASM and set Traction Control to 2 or 3 if you have sensitive fingers, or set it to 5 or 6 if you press the buttons like your life depended on it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34 (16,235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks for replies both of you. I did manage to finish second although I don't know how, it was like bumper cars at times. This is the first race where I haven't enjoyed it.

I will give it another go though and try both your suggestions, I thought I had got the wrong car as well but I will try your suggestions. Thanks again.

PS. When do you get to actually tune youe cars? Is it straight forward? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34 (16,211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

when you complete all rase in A and no
You can't save time only spend it.
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34 (16,198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Cheers.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 34 (16,085 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

go to www.cheatcc.com and get the list of car that you need to buy and have fun man.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34 (15,848 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Use a Corvette, switch everything off and go reeeaally easy on the gas. The trick here is to earn respect for the accelerator and not to use it as an 'off-on' switch. Use the accelerator sparingly and only put the boot in when the road is straight and the car isn't unbalanced. Otherwise you'll need to feed the power in very gradually and be prepared to lift very quickly and ease up on the steering if you detect a spin coming on.

I've got a mate who can't wrap his head around the Corvette (I can't either) and is having a very hard time adjusting to the monster torque and power. It took him around 12 hours of trying before he finally got it, but when he did, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

The US muscle cars are a pain sometimes, but when they're hooked up in a race, the speed and the power is just ORSOM!

I still get sweaty palms when driving one!

:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34 (15,827 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

AERO man you're so right :smileyhappy:

I still have difficulties keeping that monster corvette on the road :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34 (15,775 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I bought the Ford GT quite early on because I examined all the stats in the dealerships and it looked like the best bang for the buck. At first I hated it but after a while I really got to enjoy it and it's still one of my favorite cars for offline. It's very twitchy to handle, especially on technical courses like Fuji and Suzuka, but because of that it's all the more satisfying when you do manage to get it right. I also couldn't resist getting the GT Test Car just to try it out but once you've cleared the A races and can tune you can get pretty much the same performance out of the regular GT. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34 (15,762 Views)
0 Kudos