21 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

TFL Strike during Olympics.

[ Edited ]
14 Replies 203 Views edited 22-06-2012

What is this madness?

TFL workers are striking because they want bonus pay during the Olympics? What the hell is that?

They're still going to be doing the same route, they'll probably do more hours but they'll be paid normally for that and they'll definitely have more passengers but why should they get bonus pay for doing the job they're suppose to do?

Because they have more passengers? In that case, should TFL take money from their staff if they have an empty bus with no passengers? Bet the workers wouldn't approve of that! pfff

Thankfully I don't use TFL any more. It's going to be a tough time trying to get around during the Olympics. Another reason for us to look silly and the world to laugh at us because people can't get to the games. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18530784

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18544552

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (203 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: TFL Strike during Olympics.

Its profiteering, I wouldn't mind if they were sacked. Its not as if bus routes make huge massive money, and the companies rely on events like this to bring in more money to do things like upgrade the buses.

I think I would like being a bus or train driver, maybe train driver more cause I wouldnt have to interact with people, but as a bus driver i could slow down coming up to bus stops when I see people running, then drive off with my troll face on.

Actually that would be my dream job, driving a bus that drives past bus stops full of people waiting when the bus is empty and slows down to troll people running.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

Actually that would be my dream job, driving a bus that drives past bus stops full of people waiting when the bus is empty and slows down to troll people running.

We had a bus driver at college that did exactly that to some students on the way there. We were running a bit late and he couldn't be arsed stopping.

We laughed, but kinda felt bad for them, as it would've certainly made them late.

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (171 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

When is the Olympics anyway?
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

dannyjt wrote:

fenian wrote:

We had a bus driver at college that did exactly that to some students on the way there. We were running a bit late and he couldn't be arsed stopping.

We laughed, but kinda felt bad for them, as it would've certainly made them late.

Happened me loads of times, I even made eye contact with a bus driver in the side mirror as he was driving away as I ran.. I raged out, he must have enjoyed it though.

Loads of half empty buses used to drive past too, full ones would drive past unless they had to let someone off.

Because i live on the edge of the city, all the buses heading into the city are usually full by the time they get to me, luckily about 10 different bus routes pass through the area.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (164 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

fenian wrote:

Happened me loads of times, I even made eye contact with a bus driver in the side mirror as he was driving away as I ran.. I raged out, he must have enjoyed it though.

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

They should fire every single one of the strikers and replace them with people on non-union employment contracts.

There are plenty of people around who could be trained to drive a bus or tube train, and are willing to work.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (135 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

We have an ordnance map up showing all the venues and surrounding areas, where all the bases are etc and part of the map is detailing expected impact areas and is coloured for severity.  Obviously there is a fair proportion noted as being severely restricted for travel purposes.

So basically the bus drivers want extra pay just to sit in traffic all day?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mid3get wrote:

So basically the bus drivers want extra pay just to sit in traffic all day?

No, they are striking for more money because they believe there is a good chance they will be given it to avoid the global embarrassment of a strike.

Or 'blackmail' as it used to be known.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I think everyone knows the reasoning behind it, The unions may play the sympathy card but we all know they are just profiteering.

I was just putting my two pence in to say that for whatever extra money they may or may not get all they are going to be doing for it is just sit in traffic.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (117 Views)
0 Kudos