20 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Falling from Grace

16 Replies 202 Views Created 20-06-2012

No; not the TV program; but social graces

when you greet men or women would you say to them "Hello Ladies/Gentlemen" and then introduce yourself, offer to buy a round of drinks and ask to join in on their conversation. Also would you open the door for them or offer to take their luggage. But also; who would you say it too and who would you open the door for?

The reason why ask this is because some complete strangers came to my brothers house with some freinds of his and he referred to the strangers as ladies and gentlemen, The strangers were of working class (Can I say Chav?) with a taste for trackies. lol

"Why buy something that acts like a PlayStation... When you can buy a PlayStation"- my thoughts on the Xbox One revision.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Falling from Grace

I wouldn't greet them. Too much social interaction for a guy like me.
TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (196 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

New people you say? id slink out the door and go hide till they left.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (192 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Track suit wearing chavs don't work.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (180 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Entice them too get of your doorstep with Tesco value larger
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Track suit wearing chavs don't work.

I got that from a dictionary A chav is a working class person with vulgar tastes that'll make you puke. :smileyvery-happy: o.k. so I made that last bit up. But would you call a Chav or a rowdy teenager a lady or a gentlemen. I don't think I would, I probably use slang to match their slang so I can impress them. 

"Why buy something that acts like a PlayStation... When you can buy a PlayStation"- my thoughts on the Xbox One revision.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

If they tucked thier trackie bottoms into thier socks I would pour petrol over them and then set my mate Zippo onto them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Funny how working class is a term now commonly used to describe a majority of people that do not work or intend to work.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (150 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

EdwCarnby wrote:
Funny how working class is a term now commonly used to describe a majority of people that do not work or intend to work.

it's crazy, I'd say working class would be people on lower payed or minimum wage type jobs, working behind a bar, in a shop etc.

I get called a snob if I call people on benefits by choice lower class not working class if we are discussing that.

(Note the itallics - I am talking about people who set out to not work and live on benefits by cheating the system, NOT people who are on benefits because of unfortunate circumstances (ie losing their job and struggling to find one) or can't work because of disability etc)

The manager of technical service insists that he is working class and gets annoyed when I point out that being a departmental manger with a mortgage he can easily afford, about 10 carbon fibre bikes and 2-3 holidays a year doesn't really fit in with the description of "working class"

back on topic, I always hold doors open for people, if I was meeting a few friends in a pub I would offer to get a round, give up a seat on the bus/train for old people etc.

I don't call people ladies and gentlemen (unless giving a speech or making an announcement), offer to carry the luggage of strangers, though I will help a smaller/weaker person lift stuff into the overhead locker on a plane, or ask permission to join in a conversation.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Amen!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (130 Views)
0 Kudos